Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I jsut finished talking with Brain Jacquet of Handspring. He gave me a chance to photograph the old and the new side-by-side to compare screen brightness. Photos are here: http://www.wireless-doc.com/treo_600.htm

I also tested out my typing skills on the keyboard.

When initial impression is much like that of the others who have seen the Treo 600. It looks much nicer, has a solid feel in your hand, and definitely allows one-handed operation. Full review to follow...

BK
    Give someone a call or surf to a random web site?
    Awesome! Very nice pics wireless-doc!!
    Does anyone know if Handspring will be at the last day of CEBIT -tomorrow, ? I may have a chance to head down there but want to know for sure before I do.
    Handspring's website says it'll ship in "late fall". Can anyone confirm w/Handspring that this basically means December, SIX MONTHS from now?
    Great pics! The more I look at the more I like it! I am sooooooo ready to divorce my ailing 180. Come Tmobile give it to me! Let me have it! I will pay, I will pay I will pay... just give me a new gadget. Seriously it looks like a sweet little device, and based on these pics the screen looks very useable.
    my .02
    TD
    Originally posted by Stickman
    Handspring's website says it'll ship in "late fall". Can anyone confirm w/Handspring that this basically means December, SIX MONTHS from now?
    I saw a release date of 11/1/2003 posted.
    Hey BK can you confirm the dimensions? It looks to be about 2.25 X 4.5 and about .75 inches thick?
    Originally posted by bbdwebz
    Hey BK can you confirm the dimensions? It looks to be about 2.25 X 4.5 and about .75 inches thick?
    Details here:

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true
    or you guys could read the detailed article that exists on our frontpage.. dimensions are 4.41 inches x 2.26 inches x 0.87 (LxWxD)

Great job with the pics of CeBit!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    i love the comparison pic, it really shows off the 600

good job.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the comments about the pix. I went to this expo specifically to get the picture comparing the two screens. Unfortunately, the exposure wasn't right for the Treo 600, but I think you still get the idea of the brightness compared to the 300. I got a chance to speak to Brian (not Brain), after having spoken to him on the phone.

I went to the keynote given by David Nagle, the CEO of palmsource. I took a digital photo, put in on my web page and started to upload it but the hot spot kept freezing up my laptop. I think I was interferring with the demo. Otherwise, I could have uploaded the photos right there during the speech. The SONY representative described various scenarios where you could use their Clie to take photos the field and then "go back to the office" and upload these to the web. I'm looking forward to blogging (with photos) with my new treo 600.

Right now, I'm sitting on the steps of Madison Square Garden using the Verizon hotspot to post this. I'd post the rest of the photos from here but batteries are running low.

Anyway, I think the loyal treo customers will prove that the 600 has more potential than even Hawkins imagined.

BK
    Last edited by wireless-doc; 06/18/2003 at 06:46 PM.
    I offer my thanks for the photos, too. That is a very nice screen on the 600. It is smaller than the Treo 300's but not annoyingly so. I think I can live with that. I don't know why but when I am not looking at photos I keep thinking the screen is even smaller. Probably because I've got my own cell phone display stuck in my mind.
    Wow, even more pics! I actaully like the silvery ones better than these though! Hmm...this device is growing on me...
    Wow! For some reason, out of all the pretty pictures I've seen, none give a feeling of how compact and practical this device is than the first one above. This thing looks rock-solid and very professional! I want one! Only I like the silver models a lot better.
    FYI, wireless doc put up more picture on his site.

From the side by side picture, is the treo 600 using paint? Doesn't look like it.

In one of the new pictures, what is orange backup?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Originally posted by monkeywithacold
    I don't know why but when I am not looking at photos I keep thinking the screen is even smaller. Probably because I've got my own cell phone display stuck in my mind.
    I have the same feeling. I think the silver phone is a little smaller, with different keyboard!
    Originally posted by Felipe
    FYI, wireless doc put up more picture on his site.

From the side by side picture, is the treo 600 using paint? Doesn't look like it.

In one of the new pictures, what is orange backup?
    Sorry, but what do you mean by using paint?

The caption next the the picture with "Orange Backup" says:
    One of the features being mentioned is the ability to backup files wirelessly. Also note the iPitch software used to present the live screen view.
    So I assume this is Orange's (the carrier) version of the wireless backup utility.
    Originally posted by silverado

Sorry, but what do you mean by using paint?

The caption next the the picture with "Orange Backup" says:
    is the treo 600 painted like the 270/300?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast