Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I want to thank Wireless-Doc for the pictures and the insights to CeBit.

Good job!
    The more I see pictures of this device the more I like it. The people at PDABargains have the following pics:

http://www.pdabargains.com/default.a...wComments=true
  3.    #23  
    The extra pictures I posted on my web page point up to the fact that different business alliances are being made fast and furiously. I think that this is a good sign that there is much anticipation about the outcome of Palm-Handspring merger.

About the Treo 600, the screen is even brighter over the 300, than the photo shows. It's faster to handle and use, and it feels like it is less likely to be dropped (but probably will be on occasion). And, there is not much difference in the ease of typing with the new keyboard. So, the form factor is there. Of course, as Walt Mossberg reports in his WSJ column today, the funtionality still needs to be evaluated, but I would tend to trust that this would follow suit, considering the success of the 300.

Another handheld manufacturer represented at this expo was suggesting that mobile wireless means bluetooth. It recommended that idea of carrying a small cell phone with bluetooth that a separate bluetooth pda would use to collect email and do web stuff. I know some people do this already, but the idea of managing battery life, cords, chargers for two devices as opposed to the single Treo makes a world of difference to me.

A major point during the keynote was the issue of securing the data on the smartphone, especially on a device misplaced or stolen. One idea was to provide a service that could delete the data wirelessly once the device was reported missing.

BK
    So far with the look, size, features and everything I've seen the only thing I'm disappointed with is a smaller screen(which you can see in the comparison picture).
    Originally posted by wireless-doc
    A major point during the keynote was the issue of securing the data on the smartphone, especially on a device misplaced or stolen. One idea was to provide a service that could delete the data wirelessly once the device was reported missing.

BK
    I've waited since the Treo started for an app that would receive a given SMS message, and then do a self-destruct, erasing all data. Seems like it would be easy to make.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    I've waited since the Treo started for an app that would receive a given SMS message, and then do a self-destruct, erasing all data. Seems like it would be easy to make.
    Excuse my paranoia, but heaven help us in this hacker environment - unless it could be proven to be failsafe (from both hackers and ham-handed service provider employees) I don't think I'd want that as an available option.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12