1.    #1  
    Since the new T600 has a new processor and OS, will old apps run on it?? There was a brief mention in the TreoCentral writeup about the need for developers to rewrite apps. If it just means that I might need my stylus to tap rather than the new 5 way navigation button, OK. But if apps don't work or crash, then I have a problem. Obviously if an app was not written to use a camera or mp3 player or speaker, I understand.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I do know that apps that worked on my Treo worked on my friends Clie (OS 5), but I'd assume Treo 300 specific apps would need to be modified/updated.
    I never even thought of this! Oh dear ... well could be another reason to preannounce. Get those developers crankin!!
    Originally posted by jposin
    Since the new T600 has a new processor and OS, will old apps run on it?? There was a brief mention in the TreoCentral writeup about the need for developers to rewrite apps. If it just means that I might need my stylus to tap rather than the new 5 way navigation button, OK. But if apps don't work or crash, then I have a problem. Obviously if an app was not written to use a camera or mp3 player or speaker, I understand.
    Most applications will run on Palm OS 5. Developers may have to update them if they've never tested on Palm OS 5 or if they take advantage of special things in OS 4 that aren't in OS 5, i.e. hacks. As for the 5 way navigation, one of the articles says that in order to take advantage of the 5 way (since it differs from Palm's implementation), developers will have to update the apps. You'll probably be fine with most of the apps you run.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Scott...in addition to Wireless Modem, I've got things like DocsToGo, FireViewer, ePocrates, Teal stuff, TreoTools (Hacks). I just don't want any apps to break--I understand if there is a slight lack of functionality.