1.    #1  
    I love my Treo300! For my job as a Loan Officer, I need to run mortgage qualification scenarios (complex ones) throughout every day. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a suitable, powerful piece of software available that can perform this function.

I hate the idea of buying a calculator for $30 to $65 and have to carry it around as well, when I know that the power to perform the same functions and display them MUCH better is there waiting to be tapped.

Any help?

Anyone..Anyone..

Thanks
  2. cml
    There are lots of PalmOS calculators here that may help you - I am no business wizard, but the powerOne calculator sticks out as being what you may be looking for.

Good luck!
    - CML
    I'm not sure what you mean by complex mortgage calcs? Is there a certain calculator's functions that you're hoping to replicate on your Treo? If all else fails, you could get a spreadsheet app for your Treo.
  4.    #4  
    CML
    I checked out Powerone while a powerful overall calculator-it is not robust enough in real estage/mortgage calculations.

Chux
    The features I'm looking for are listed in the description of a standalone calculator:
    Multi-Function "Buyer Qualifying" Keys
    Qualifying Loan Amount
    Required Income and Max. Allowable Debt
    Buyer's Actual Incomeebt Ratios
    Instant Loan Comparisons (Demonstrate more than one loan--e.g., conventional and FHA/VA--to your client at once!)
    Payment, Loan Amount, Term, Interest keys
    Instant P&I and PITI Payments
    Prop. Tax, Homeowner's Insurance and Mortgage Insurance
    Sales Price & Down Payment
    Rent vs. Buy
    ARMS with Lifetime "Cap"
    Bi-Weekly Loans
    Amortization, Balloon Payments
    APR, Total Finance Charges
    Date Math function, and more!

I already use some Excel scripts, but I can't believe that anything created for a dedicated push button calculator can't be emulated and made much better on a PDA.

Anyhow, I ordered that particular device on a 30-day trial while I continue my Palm search-which I'd prefer. Right now I use a combo of spreadsheets and simple calculators.

Thanks
    It sounds like you want something pretty specialized so if it existed, it would probably be commercial software (as opposed to shareware or freeware). I went to palmgear.com and searched on 'mortgage' and got 63 hits. You could look through those and see if any suit your needs. You could also search handango.com. Those are probably the 2 best sites for finding commercial palm software.
    I'm not sure if this is what you want, but try AptHand.com. They seem to have what you may be looking for...
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.