1.    #1  
    Hi there! Me lucky me just had my hands on a Treo 600, and was able to test the keyboard. As a satisfied Treo 270 keyboard user (on which I reach very high speeds), I was very curious what the Treo 600 keyboard would be like. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. IMHO the keys are not high enough (should stick out more, as promissed), and are much flatter than those of the 270 (they don't have the same rubbery feel to them). After some practice I was able to reach a satisfying speed, but I clearly make more typo's because of the distance between the keys and the 'highness' of them.
    And b4 you guys ask, I'm not going to tell you how I got my hands on one, let's say I've got some very kind friends in high places ..

What do I think of the device in general ? I think it's a worthy replacement for the 270, and I think that the keyboard will be great for the general public (people that don't use their two thumbs to type at crazy speeds while instant messaging their friends with Verichat).
    It's weight is almost the same as the 270, maybe even a little bit heavier, but certainly not noticable. And yes, the screen is brighter, but I haven't been able to test it outside, so I can't tell you people much about the quality of the display yet..
    Visor Deluxe => Visor Platinum => Visor Edge => Visor Prism => Treo 180 => Treo 270!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Since it uses OS5, does the main PALM screen look different?

I know on the Clie it looks different than previous OS versions, but I've never seen another OS5 device.
    IS the OS upgradable?
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Holocron
    IS the OS upgradable?
    Dunno, possibly. It's a pre-production unit I have anyway, and they ALWAYS have flashrom, so I can't find that one out..

Originally posted by njchris
    Since it uses OS5, does the main PALM screen look different?
    I know on the Clie it looks different than previous OS versions, but I've never seen another OS5 device.
    No, doesn't really look different. I guess it looks different on clie's because Sony made their own launcher for their devices (looks nicer by some people's opinions).

but I've never seen another OS5 device.
    You haven't ??? Go visit a eletronics store and look at a Tungsten T. Sjeeez, I can even look at one at an airport (it's a disease, they're everywhere ;P)
    Visor Deluxe => Visor Platinum => Visor Edge => Visor Prism => Treo 180 => Treo 270!
    OS will be upgradeable, but Handspring shyed away from sayign it would be upgradeable to Palm OS 6 due to hardware issues.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu View Post
    OS will be upgradeable, but Handspring shyed away from sayign it would be upgradeable to Palm OS 6 due to hardware issues.
    How's that Palm OS 6 upgrade coming along?

Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    The os is not upgradeable.
    Another bigredgpk boredom attack! Ok, what have you been watching this time?
    this too was a sad casualty of American Idol... my gf loves the show but it's a trade off b/c she "watches" Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs when I want to...

give and take man
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    lol I thought this was mislabeled as a treo 800 first impressions! consider gravedigging as a profession?