1.    #1  
    Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between Snappermail & 2banywhere (other than the fact that 2banywhere is free right now, since it's being beta tested)?

I've been running 2ba for a couple of months now, & about the only thing it doesn't currently do that I'd like to see is to open attachments (pictures), but that's not a big problem for me if I can't. I'm just wondering what the big differences are between the 2 programs?

I get a regular newsletter from Handspring & they're currently promoting a special on Snappermail, so I'm wondering if I should get it or stick with 2ba.

Any thoughts?

(I'm using a Treo 300 with Sprint.)
    Attachments handled by SnapperMail are the major difference. 2banywhere, otoh, handles IMAP and hotmail accounts. The final difference may fall to the price structure the 2b team decides on at the end of their beta. In the meanwhile, I bought SnapperMail, and have my IMAP account forward to a pop3...and pick up hotmail using Blazer.
    I see another difference, other than the handling of attachments, in that 2ba seems to pull your email off onto the 2ba server and then distribute it to your treo. While they are most likely an honorable company, you may not want your email sitting on both the email server or origin and the 2ba server also.

Then again, you might not care either

Of course, if the 2ba server goes down, your app may fail also.

I may be incorrect. This is only my impression from a quick glance at their web page.
  4.    #4  
    Does anyone know if Snappermail works with an attbi mail account? I saw something on the Snappermail website that seems to indicate it doesn't work. Also, since I'm a Sprint user I'd want to route my mail through my Sprint account.

Will this all work together?
    Originally posted by jaytee
    I see another difference, other than the handling of attachments, in that 2ba seems to pull your email off onto the 2ba server and then distribute it to your treo. While they are most likely an honorable company, you may not want your email sitting on both the email server or origin and the 2ba server also.

Then again, you might not care either

Of course, if the 2ba server goes down, your app may fail also.

I may be incorrect. This is only my impression from a quick glance at their web page.
    You are quite right. If thr 2BA server is down, you cannot access your mail.

As a total side note...this is my first post from Blazer. Interesting!
    Originally posted by pconley
    Does anyone know if Snappermail works with an attbi mail account? I saw something on the Snappermail website that seems to indicate it doesn't work. Also, since I'm a Sprint user I'd want to route my mail through my Sprint account.

Will this all work together?
    Attbi will not currently work with snappermail until they release the version that supports SSL.
    It will work w/2ba.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    If you are interested, Iambic Mail offers full attachment, integrated SMS and the option to sync with your desktop email client. It is also $15. or $20. cheaper than Snappermail. New version became available June 18, 2003. I have not tried it though.
    Last edited by Exciter; 06/22/2003 at 07:17 PM.