1.    #1  
    I believe i have some extra data laying around in my treo, maybe some database that is no longer attatched to anything. I am looking for a utility(or suggestion) for cleaning up the treo.
    Try Cleanup from Northglide. They also have a nice app called Unistall manager, but I think you have to load that prior to installing apps...
    Will give this a go myself.

I beleive I have plenty of orphan files on my Handspring and need to clean them out. The reason is I had a handspring Visor Delux and after buying the Handspring Treo 270 just transfered all to it. A lot of programs I had in the Deluxe I don't use in the Treo and am sure after removal of these programs I have left a lot of rubbish. Reluctant to just hard reset and install programs one by one.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

I found it a little confusing as it kept telling me that the application might be on the unit. So would mean I shouldn't delete the files.

What is the point then.

I think I might consider the slow and laborious option of installing application after application following a hard reset.

Anyone else have a suggestion.

This is suposed to be a fix for my other problem I have, namely the caller ID for me is not being sent to other peoples phones even when it is not blocked on my unit. Handspring recomend hard reset to fix. Done once before but obviously their is a progra interfering with the function of the phone.

Hard reset seems to be the fix for both problems.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Ancient One,

If you do a hard reset and restore, you might want to go through your backup files on your desktop first and clean out old apps you don't have installed anymore. Everything you've ever ever removed from your PDA will try to restore if you don't.

Kevin