View Poll Results: Who is ditching Sprint?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am going to look for another provider

6 11.54%
  • I'll stick it out and stay with Sprint

46 88.46%
  1.    #1  
    When wireless number portability rolls around (so you can take your number with you), who is planning on taking their business elsewhere?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've been with Sprint since a month before they turn on their first cell tower in LA. I made the decision a long time ago that I would go with Sprint as they had the most forward thinking technology. The same is true today. While other carriers are scrambling to bring to life GSM/GPRS networks, Sprint is one step closer to bringing to life true, high-speed wireless networks. Currently, they have the best data network available, and, although their customer service is certainly below par, they do eventually get it right.

Can't wait for my first UTMS Treo (Did I get that one wrong as well ?)...
    These guys blow goats! Their customer service stinks. The only thing keeping me with Sprint is my phone number. As soon as I can change I am running to somebody else. I have never had a pleasant experience with these bozos.
    Originally posted by KKenna

Can't wait for my first UTMS Treo (Did I get that one wrong as well ?)...
    Yes, I think you are referring to UMTS or W-CDMA. WCDMA is the long term technology progression planned by most gsm/gprs operators, and thsu NOT Sprint. Sprint will eventually upgrade to 1xEvDv...

Anyway in regards to the original topic: I have had soem difficulties with Sprint, but I still plan to stay with them b/c their large shared family plans are the best deals out there. No other provider can beat the $85, 2000 anytime, unlimited NW+vision. That being said, if Tmobile etc were to offer a comparable plan once number portability arrives, I might seriously consider...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I have decent coverage with Sprint and their plans offer good value, especially with unlimited data. Number portability means almost nothing to me.
    Been with them almost 5 years now and so far so good. Always had good customer service over the phone, and have not had any problems with my Treo 300 since I got it last year... thanks to this forum.
    i liked my at&t coverage better, though their customer service is just about the same - i always feel like they are trying to rip me off... have several stories to tell but would take too long.

bottom line is that what I am NOT giving up is my treo300 and sprint's deal on unlimited web. if that changes, i will re-visit.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by aarons12

bottom line is that what I am NOT giving up is my treo300 and sprint's deal on unlimited web. if that changes, i will re-visit.
    Amen.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Amen.
    kurt - did not know you were religious...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I agree, the $10/month unlimited web can't be beat.
    I'm not giving that up anytime soon.
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, $10 a month is hard to beat. But as we've seen in North Texas if you can't use it reliably it is fairly worthless. There's probably quite a bit of time to work on the network between now and when number portability actually hits. If service improves or degrades, this will tell the story on how much attrition Sprint will have.
    For the first time my wife and I went on vacation recently but without the laptop. Being able to manage email and real time web browsing on the Internet while in either motel rooms along the way or whizzing on the freeway was a really wonderful experience. (of course I was in the passenger seat you goofs. hehe) Seriously, in the past I have lugged a 7lb laptop. This was heaven to have wireless access to the Internet with the same little device that gives you telephone access as well. Sprint has problems in the customer service area. We ALL know that. But I also believe that most of us know the network we are connected to ROCKS for the most part. Sure, there will always be pockets of network problems too. But I can't wait for the next level of technology which would increase the throughput. Give people credit where it is due, this is awesome technology. Can't you remember when you were a kid and dreamed of doing this? I certain do. Sprint, while they work on their customer service issues will keep me because of their network implementation.

Regards
    Rees
    I currently have 3 phones w/ Sprint, and pay a total of $100 (including tax) for the following:

2000 anytime minutes
    Unlimited Internet Access
    Unlimited Nights/Weekend
    Unlimited Mobile 2 Mobile
    Nationwide access
    Incl. long distance.

Yeah, the customer service is sub par, and I drop a lot of calls, but for the price I pay, I can't complain.
    I too choose Sprint due to their implementation of technology ..

That said .. IF other carriers offer competitive pricing .. I wouldn't hesitate to switch. To Sprint this is a business .. we as customers should treat it the same, eh?
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor
    I too choose Sprint due to their implementation of technology ..

That said .. IF other carriers offer competitive pricing .. I wouldn't hesitate to switch. To Sprint this is a business .. we as customers should treat it the same, eh?
    Amen brother!