1.    #1  
    eudora is better for me bc snappermail does not work with groupwise, my work account.

I can't pop my groupwise account directly, so I have to forward my email to my home email account. snappermail would only pop the header, not the message text. eudora could pop the entire message, even if it was a forwarded message.

eudora is free and has the option of filtering. snapper is not free and does not support filters.
    More recent versions of GroupWise have POP3 access. For example, my firm uses GroupWise 5.5, which support POP3.

If you are using a version of GroupWise that doesn't support POP3 (such as an older version), you may need to "delegate" e-mail messages to another account that you can access via POP3. You don't want to "forward" your e-mail from GroupWise, because doing so will cause the e-mail to appear as if its from you, rather the original sender. When you set up the Rule in GroupWise, simply choose as an action to "delegate" to the target e-mail address.

I did this with my old BlackBerry, and it worked great for the most part. I don't need to do this anymore since I simply access my GroupWise account from my Treo using POP3.
    lack of filters in Snappermail is a big pain, I must agree

however, there is a setting in account settings (options/edit accounts/fetch) for how much of an email is downloaded. Experimenting with this could fix you issue of how much is downloaded

Snapper does it for me because of the attachment support
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...