Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. jym
    jym is offline
    jym's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
       #1  
    I have had a Treo 270 since they first came out. My phone has broken several times and always received a replacement from HS vry quickly. The last phone came but had an error that my phone will not work with this SIM card.

    I believe the phone is locked. I got a code from HS for the phone but it does not work. I believe when T-Mobile asked for carrier and I told them VoiceStream (T-Mobile) they sent me the another carrier phone.

    HS told me it was not their problem. Finally T-Mobile has agreed to send me a replacement phone. I am now concerned that the phone will be locked to T-Mobile. I use foriegn SIMS a lot. T-Mobile has let me unlock my phones in the past. Are Treo 270s sent from T-Mobile usually locked?

    Thanks for any help,

    -Jym-
  2. #2  
    I have not tried this, but this was posted on the newsgroup:

    "Email simunlock@t-mobile.com and tell them you want to use local sims when you travel. They will need your account number, mobile telephone number, and the IMEI of your handset.

    In a day or two you will get the unlock code and instructions for its use."
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    I've been waiting for several weeks now, on getting my Treo 270 unlocked by T Mobile. I want to sell it on ebay, and I know I could get more money if it was unlocked, but I am tired of waiting, so I posted my Treo on ebay for sale.

    Stan

    Originally posted by jym
    I have had a Treo 270 since they first came out. My phone has broken several times and always received a replacement from HS vry quickly. The last phone came but had an error that my phone will not work with this SIM card.

    I believe the phone is locked. I got a code from HS for the phone but it does not work. I believe when T-Mobile asked for carrier and I told them VoiceStream (T-Mobile) they sent me the another carrier phone.

    HS told me it was not their problem. Finally T-Mobile has agreed to send me a replacement phone. I am now concerned that the phone will be locked to T-Mobile. I use foriegn SIMS a lot. T-Mobile has let me unlock my phones in the past. Are Treo 270s sent from T-Mobile usually locked?

    Thanks for any help,

    -Jym-
    550.5.7.1
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by jym
    I have had a Treo 270 since they first came out. My phone has broken several times and always received a replacement from HS vry quickly. The last phone came but had an error that my phone will not work with this SIM card.
    Jym, did you ever solve your problem? Handspring just sent me a replacement Treo 270, and I now have the same problem. My old Cingular SIM card, which worked in two previous Treo 270s and a Treo 180, doesn't work in this replacement phone. I receive the message "Your phone cannot be used with this SIM card."

    I called HS support and they indicated that sometimes the replacement phones get "mixed-up" and that I must have received and AT&T/Rogers phone (those phones are locked).

    A customer service manager from HS (not Cingular) is supposed to call me back tomorrow to walk me through the unlock procedure, but I don't really want to wait until tomorrow (especially if they don't end up calling, which won't entirely surprise me). Anybody know how to take care of this?
    Last edited by tcc; 06/22/2003 at 07:13 PM.
  5. #5  
    Good luck getting that phone call!
    Same thing happened to me but when I called them they simply processed another advanced replacement which I got the next day.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  6. jym
    jym is offline
    jym's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
       #6  
    I have received my new unit. Actually it looks like an old unit but it is new to me. It has the old door .

    The new unit actually came from T-mobile and not HS. The phone works with the T-mobile SIM but I have not tried with any other SIMS yet.

    If it is locked to T-mobile I will have it unlocked. Let everyone know how it goes.

    -JYm-
  7. #7  
    were you able to get it unlocked? thanks
  8. #8  
    I got my new Treo 270 unlocked from T-Mobile. I called and told them that I travel and use foreign SIMs. They requested the unlock code for me and I received it by email in about 7 days. They said that's longer than usual because they had to ask HS for the code. With Nokia et al it takes them 24-48 hours.

    The method mentioned above regarding emailing them should also work.

    T-Mobile rocks!!
  9. #9  
    Anyone in the world know how to unlock a Treo 270 (from Tmobile)? I am not a Tmobile customer (purchased off Ebay--seller lied, said it was unlocked), and I have tried the several web sites mentioned in this forum with no success.....HELP!!!!!

    TM
    TM
  10. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #10  
    I called T-Mobile about unlocking my Treo and Sony Ericsson T610. They emailed me with the code for the T610 in about two hours. have not heard back on the Treo. But, if you are not a T-Mobile customer, the only way to unlock is to have a friend on T-Mobile do it.
  11. #11  
    hi,

    i live in the uk, and i am buying a handspring treo 270 over ebay from someone in the states. i believe the phone is still locked.
    how do i get it unlocked, if the seller doesn't do it?
    i've contacted tmobile, so i will wait and see what happens. otherwise is there any way that i can unlock the phone without going through service provider. i already have a sim card from vodafone that supports GPRS in the UK.
    please advise.


    regards
  12. #12  
    Did the email thing. Haven't heard yet.

    I spoke to a TMO CSR Supervisor last week and he said one can call in and to specifically request a "Subsidy Unlock." You don't need an "excuse," just the request will do.
  13. #13  
    they stopped doing it over email several weeks ago.

    sorry.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    they stopped doing it over email several weeks ago.

    sorry.
    Yeah, guess so. Just got it back to me "recipient name not recognized."

    On the horn to TMO next.
  15. #15  
    Got the code, though it does not work. Instructions are clear about inserting a "foreign" SIM first. Nothing about a "domestic" unlock. Just want to unlock it so I can sell it. Any ideas?
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Got the code, though it does not work. Instructions are clear about inserting a "foreign" SIM first. Nothing about a "domestic" unlock. Just want to unlock it so I can sell it. Any ideas?
    By 'foreign' sim, I think they mean a different providers sim. If you have T-Mobile, get some other GSM providers sim, like AT&T, and put it in while unlocking. That's how I interpreted the instructions at least.

    Does anyone know if you can just put in someone else's T-Mobile SIM and unlock? (I suspect you can't!)
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by jaytee


    By 'foreign' sim, I think they mean a different providers sim. If you have T-Mobile, get some other GSM providers sim, like AT&T, and put it in while unlocking. That's how I interpreted the instructions at least.

    Does anyone know if you can just put in someone else's T-Mobile SIM and unlock? (I suspect you can't!)

    I tried my wife's SIM, but we're on a family account, and it did not work.

    Called TMO Data Group and they said TMO can only unlock with a foreign SIM. They said it was possible that HS could unlock it but they did not know for certain.

    Anyone know if HS can do this to a TMO branded Treo 270?
    Last edited by elysian9; 10/21/2003 at 05:54 PM.
  18. #18  
    Those of you who do have a code from TM, would it be possible one of you guys could "loan" it to me so that I can unlike my 180 and get it to work with AT&T?

Posting Permissions