1.    #1  
    Hello All
    Could someone enlighten me on the following:
    1) After first initially connectint to vision must I dis-connectfrom vision to stop incurrring charges? ie get rid of the data icon in the upper right corner. Or can i leave the data icon permanently on?

2) TheTreo 300's phone signal bars are so much weaker than the other phones I have used in my area (ie i300, sch3500, Kyro 6035 all shown full bars, treo shows around 25%). i bought the phone used from someone on the east coast. Do I need to re-initialize the phone to my local area?
    Thanks for reading...John
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Originally posted by Magohn
    Hello All
    Could someone enlighten me on the following:
    1) After first initially connectint to vision must I dis-connectfrom vision to stop incurrring charges? ie get rid of the data icon in the upper right corner. Or can i leave the data icon permanently on?
    No, the whole point of vision is "unlimited data", thus you do not have to disconnect your data connection and you will not incur any charges unless you try to dial to another ISP besides Sprint etc. Thus don't worry about. I keep my data connected always...

2) TheTreo 300's phone signal bars are so much weaker than the other phones I have used in my area (ie i300, sch3500, Kyro 6035 all shown full bars, treo shows around 25%). i bought the phone used from someone on the east coast. Do I need to re-initialize the phone to my local area?
    Thanks for reading...John
    I think its more important to focus on the performance of the phone than on the bars indicated on the Treo. The signal bars are not a universal measure of the signal strength nor are they completely indicative of the coverage in your area. For example, my old SCH-8500 always had full bars where I live, but its reception is extremely inferior to my Treo even though I hardly get 2 bars. Also, if you are having reception problem, you might try to update the PRL or "preferred roaming list" on your treo. You can do this by pressing *2 and then saying soemthing like "update PRL" or something. It will then guide you thru the rest...

P.S. Just want to add that some people prefer to shut down their data to avoid the "turbo drain" prob occurring on some treos. You can manage this by using an app like treohelper for example. Do a search to get more info regarding this...
    I second that comment on the signal bars. In my home, my previous phones (Samsungs) all had three to four bars. My Treo gets maybe 1 bar. I was very concerned when I first got it months ago. But I have never had a problem making or receiving calls in my home. In general, the Treo gets a signal in many places where my Samsungs never did. I believe the reception and signal quality in the Treo is the best I have had from Sprint yet. (Haven't tried a Sanyo, though).
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I was ony concerned about the vision data because Im on the 2cent a KB plan and was not sure if leaving the thing running incurred charges. Thanks.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!