TreoJogKeyShorts (TJKS) version 4.1 is now available from http://sf.net/projects/rwhitby/.

Please send an email to software.treojogkeyshorts@rwhitby.net if you are currently using TJKS. Let me know if you want to be on the beta testers list, or whether you'll just wait for official releases to be announced in this forum.

Changes from version 3.4 to version 4.1 include:

1/ Now takes note of Datebook "Button Views" preferences for
Menu+Period and Menu+Space. You need to exit and restart Datebook to
save your preferences before TJKS can see them.

2/ Added shortcuts to the Monthly Repeat dialog in DateBook+.

3/ Added shortcuts to the NextWeek view in DateBook+ (same keybindings
as in the Week view, and use Menu+Letter to select days in the second
week in the two week version of the NextWeek view).

4/ Added code to preserve the currently selected date when entering
the Agenda view in DateBook+.

5/ Fixed a fatal conflict with ClockPop. TJKS and ClockPop are now
fully compatible.

6/ Some minor changes to the Menu+Period shortcuts in Contacts, ToDo,
Memo and CryptInfo (now pops up category list instead of selecting
next category).

7/ Fixed an incompatibility with applications which set the default
button on a dialog box to a non-existant button. TJKS now
works-around these erroneous applications without crashing.

8/ Restricted Jog-dial handling in dialogs to only those I specify
(this makes TJKS much more robust, as it doesn't have to do the right
thing in new situations that haven't been tested). TJKS now handles
nested dialogs correctly, and disables PowerJOG default button handling in the small number of dialogs that
TJKS is currently handling. All other PowerJOG feature continue to operate in these dialogs.

9/ The debug indicators that flash up in the top left corner have been
removed (except for one which catches any new unhandled situations).
If you see an indicator flash up, let me know.

Things still to be fixed in the next version:

1/ Replace the Menu+Space key binding, as it conflicts with TreoKbdUtils (I'll probably replace it with Menu+...).

2/ There is a known bug where if you pop up PowerJOG whilst TJKS is handling the buttons on a form, then you get a button not on form error (cause the button TJKS is trying to highlight is not on the PowerJOG pop-up form). This is not fatal (just hit the ok button to continune after the error) and will be fixed in the next version.

3/ Two people have reported that the Call History support doesn't work properly on a Treo 300 (they get a beaming dialog instead). I have not been able to reproduce this on my Treo 270. If anyone else sees this please report it to me (and those who have reported it already, please let me know if it still occurs in this version).

4/ One person has reported a "Record not on day" error in DateBook on a Treo 180. I have not been able to reproduce this on my Treo 270, nor on the Treo 180 emulator. If anyone else sees this please report it to me (and those who have reported it already, please let me know if it still occurs in this version).

If there are any other outstanding bugs that you are experiencing, please don't hesitate to report them to me at the email address listed above.

-- Rod