1.    #1  
    is it worth having AntiVirus Software on my treo?
    If you have a virus scanner for your PC, I would say no. The signatures for palm .prc files are in the scanner data file. If you take a look at McAfee or MicroTrend products for PCs they have the signatures for palm viruses.

Depending on you PC virus scanner yuou may have to modify the configuration to scan files with the .prc & .pdb file extensions.
    I think virus scanning helps and covers some gaps so I enable it in McAfee for my PDA. Now, to be sure, since I rarely update files on my PDA except AvantGo, if I'm in a hurry, I just cancel it out. But most of the times, it just sits there, finishes what it finishes, no problems. How does it hurt?
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Originally posted by Mark Squires
    I think virus scanning helps and covers some gaps so I enable it in McAfee for my PDA. Now, to be sure, since I rarely update files on my PDA except AvantGo, if I'm in a hurry, I just cancel it out. But most of the times, it just sits there, finishes what it finishes, no problems. How does it hurt?
    I does not hurt but really is not needed. The original question asked if it was worth the money. In my opion the answer is no, your money is better spent on a virus protection for the Windows OS and if you already have one then you are covered as the few viruses that are out there for the plam are already in the signature files that come with the Windows platforms for both McAfee and TrendMicro.

Your only risk to exposure to a virus using the Windows based protect is if you accept a beamed xfer from another user that is infected and you run the application. In this case you can still protect yourself by not running the application that was beamed, preform a sync and then scan your backup directory on the PC. If it comes up clean then you can run the app.