1.    #1  
    How long does your Treo to laptop connection stay active (continues to send and receive data at the normal rate) with PDANet?

When I had the Treo for a couple of weeks, I recall I could stay on for almost as long as I want with PDAnet.

I now use a Sanyo 4900 and dial #777 to connect and the network stops responding anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes, with the interval getting shorter as you keep on reconnecting. The sign of the onset of no response is the backlight coming on by itself. I always thought it was Sprint putting in some mechanism to cut you off but since the Treo could stay on much longer, there must be anothre explanation. Is it a difference in the phone or software? I've also used a command prompt to ping a site with a few bytes of data every 15 sec. but that does not seem to help lengthen the connection on the 4900.
    I have the same problem with Treo 600 and t-mobile. First time connecting, after a day of inactivity, I might stay on for 15 minutes or so. Then pretty soon I have to reconnect at random intervals of 15 seconds to 3 minutes. When I browse the net using just Treo 600 and no pc, I do not get disconnected. The connection might freeze for a while, but it would resume. Not so once hooked up to the pc or laptop.