1.    #1  
    Every couple days or so, my Treo 300 decides it won't shut off anymore. NOTHING will make it go off. I turn wireless mode off. I try switching to different application. It simply won't shut off. Even if the "Auto-off" is set to 30 seconds... when 30 seconds (or 1 minute, or 2 minutes, etc) expires... it stays on.

I thought it was a physical problem, like the Treo didn't know the lid was closed, but even then the auto-off would shut it off.

Also, reseting it with the hole in the back fixes the problem. I seem to think it's either an app problem or a combination of apps. One time it happened not long after resetting. I THINK that since that reset I had only run:
    Treo Mail
    Snapper Mail
    Date Bk 5

so it could be one of those apps, or some combo of them. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. If so, maybe we can figure out what is common about our Treo's.

thanks
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I have seen this problem from time to time on my 270. It seemed to be more prevalent when I was roaming. I also run TreoHelper and thought that had something to do with it, but I'm not so sure now. I do run TreoMail.
    I did the 30 day trial of TreoMail. I noticed one time it wouldn't let me turn off but it was really obvious. I mean it popped up a dialog as I recall because it was doing it's background downloading at the time.

You should be able to tell if TreoMail is doing a background thing at the time. If you try to enter TreoMail it will complain about it. Evidently it can't do background downloading and interactive TreoMail at the same time. So the next time it won't turn off, try going into TreoMail to see what it says.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the ideas. I'm pretty sure it wasn't related to roaming. Also I have Treo Mail set to only do manual downloads (the auto downloads were killing the already fragile battery). So I don't think it was that, although it does seem to be related to Treo Mail doesn't it?! I'll email this issue to Handspring / TreoMail tech support and see if they know anything about it.
  5. 3-O
    Any word from Handspring on this issue?

Just when I had said on another thread that I had no issues with the updater, I started to have trouble with TreoMail. Right after using it, the phone would not turn off until you reset it. I perform only manual e-mail downloads. There seems to be a conflict between the phone software and the TreoMail app.

Does removing the updater (if in fact you can do so) take care of this problem? I was not really experiencing any battery issues, I just installed the updater for kicks (Big mistake, apparently). Help? Thanks
    I have both of the updates and been using TreoMail for a long time, with no issues. All good for me.