Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I have tried to read all the posts related to the 600, currently I cannot see were is the innovation on this product ( again I am just using the info from the posts). The 600 will just be an upgrade to the TREO 300 in regards to catch up on some the problems pointed out by all of the TREO CENTRAL readers:

+ Get rid of the Lid
    + Width reduction
    + Improve sound system
    + SCreen
    + Expansion
    + Updated OS
    + Camera

These are all expected items, but I have not heard of something that really no one was expecting, is something missing.

Now the thing is, will it compare to a Sony PDA product technology???. I doubt it.
    By November SONY will have four (4) more products at their current rate and with the CF card slot becoming much more accessible we might see va wireless GPRS or CDMA card for it.

Will Palm improve their TW unit and compete directly.

I will upgrade from TREO 300 in Novermber, but by that time Sprint will also have the I700 available and if rumors are right the HTC Falcon will appear as surprise on the GPRS side T Mobile and ATT will have the smarthphone's available ( Tanager and Compal).

All of these units are really much more advanced and will take better advantage of the new networks ( video downloads, radio streaming, etc). Hopefully the TREO 600 can match these , so I can stay in the TREO family.
    After having a TREO , I am really big on convergence and I want to do more with these units.

JUST a TOUGHT
    I doubt that will happen since it has been recently annouced that PalmSG will buy Handspring. However, I do think it is possible the new "PalmSpring" may introduce multiple Treo lines: one data-centric( i.e TW) and one phone-centric. It will be interesting to see how the new merged company will focus on the smartphone segment and what new products post Treo 600 will arrive...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

I doubt that will happen since it has been recently annouced that PalmSG will buy Handspring. However, I do think it is possible the new "PalmSpring" may introduce multiple Treo lines: one data-centric( i.e TW) and one phone-centric. It will be interesting to see how the new merged company will focus on the smartphone segment and what new products post Treo 600 will arrive...
    That's a very interesting proposition. It may simply work.

I'm still bummed at the short-life of the "Communicator"-not quite a phone-not quite a PDA.
    For me to seriously consider Sony as a contender they will have to do something about the size. So far their models with integrated camera and thumb board are too big. And they would definitely need to improve the tactile feedback on the thumb boards. They're too flat and too stiff. The newest upcoming releases are also a bit stingy with the memory, considering what you can get on the competition now.
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    I could agree with heavy and keyboards issues with the 1st NR & NV units that came out but after that evryone is playing catch up in regards to integrated featues. I beleiev you lost the point that SONY has forced the Palm camp to innovate and be more creative. Hopefull Treo 600 will bring some other features than the currently out there.
    i have been using a xda as a backup for my Treo and a new toy, and it is far from the elegence and integration of Treo.

Tons of power and potential. Doesn't fit together.
    Originally posted by veroi
    I have tried to read all the posts related to the 600, currently I cannot see were is the innovation on this product ( again I am just using the info from the posts). The 600 will just be an upgrade to the TREO 300 in regards to catch up on some the problems pointed out by all of the TREO CENTRAL readers:

+ Get rid of the Lid
    + Width reduction
    + Improve sound system
    + SCreen
    + Expansion
    + Updated OS
    + Camera

These are all expected items, but I have not heard of something that really no one was expecting, is something missing.

Now the thing is, will it compare to a Sony PDA product technology???. I doubt it.
    By November SONY will have four (4) more products at their current rate and with the CF card slot becoming much more accessible we might see va wireless GPRS or CDMA card for it.

I will upgrade from TREO 300 in Novermber, but by that time Sprint will also have the I700 available and if rumors are right the HTC Falcon will appear as surprise on the GPRS side T Mobile and ATT will have the smarthphone's available ( Tanager and Compal).

All of these units are really much more advanced and will take better advantage of the new networks ( video downloads, radio streaming, etc). Hopefully the TREO 600 can match these , so I can stay in the TREO family.
    After having a TREO , I am really big on convergence and I want to do more with these units.

JUST a TOUGHT
    Woah... hold yo horses right there... you are comparing Treo to Sony???

First, Sony is probably 10x the size of handspring (probably way more) and has at least 10x the cash to design more devices
    2nd, Sony has clie's... they don't have phone function.
    3rd, they do have sony ericsson P800, running on SYMBIAN not palmOS (why the hell would I want a symbian device?) and poorly integrated too. you won't find all the convenient and thoughtful shortcuts that we get with treos.

The rest of them I don't know as much about. I am looking at the I500 though. It's really everything I want in a phone, minus the keyboard and thoughtfulness of Handspring. The screen size is small too... but it's not like there's space for a bigger one...