1.    #1  
    After enjoying GPRS for quite a while, the wireless simply stopped. It forever does "Network Search...". I did soft reset several times. Nada. I did hard reset. Nada.

Anyone experienced this before? I guess this unit will be replaced. There goes my 2nd Treo 270 in 4 months.
    You need to run the radio reset file that you can download here:

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH

This should recover your radio. It will drain the battery and reset the radio. I had the same problem and it worked for me. If you call HS support they're gonna have you do the same thing first.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #3  
    After posting this, I found that it is already a known problem in How-to-Troubleshoot. I downloaded the software as recommended there and by millerhifi. And it worked. I thought I was going for my 3rd Treo. Not.

Thanks.
    i had a similar problem but they never asked me to this. instead I got a new treo out of it. I'm not complaining!
    If draining the battery with reset radio wont work.

Reinstall the GPRS patch.

Good luck
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    i had a similar problem but they never asked me to this. instead I got a new treo out of it. I'm not complaining!
    Well, I thought I do that but I needed to recover quickly, and being a techie, I decided to fix it myself
    No flipper guy again!

Last time this happened I disconnected the battery for a few minutes then restored the works and all was fixed. The whole thing took 30 minutes or so. This time I tried the Radio Reset download thing and it drained the battery after 3 hours no problem and... then totally fried the battery, I think. After 4 hours of recharging, my Treo is dead, dead, dead. Wish I had disconnected the battery.

On the phone with T-Mo now for my 3rd Treo. Hope they get this thing straightened out in the T600.

The only good news is that I can put the SIM card into a cheap T-Mo phone I have, so at least I've got a cell phone.

I wonder what the average number of Treos per owner is.
    Originally posted by elysian9

I wonder what the average number of Treos per owner is.
    More than one... which is too many
    www.gsmworld.com
    Originally posted by elysian9
    This time I tried the Radio Reset download thing and it drained the battery after 3 hours no problem and... then totally fried the battery, I think. After 4 hours of recharging, my Treo is dead, dead, dead. Wish I had disconnected the battery.
    Yes, draining a Li-Ion battery below a certain point (approx 2V I believe) will destroy it.

Edited to change 3V to 2V.. and to also say that it's probably unlikely that the protection circuit embedded in the battery would allow you do drain it that far. That's one of the things it is supposed to protect against.
    Last edited by potatoho; 07/24/2003 at 09:09 AM.
    Originally posted by potatoho

... That's one of the things it is supposed to protect against.
    Maybe so.

I actually thought I'd save myself the trouble of opening the case and going after the battery, even though Iíve done that before successfully. I just didnít feel like hassling with the process, and having the top switches fall out and having to reset them carefully, etc. And the last time there wasnít any GPRS Radio Reset, only the GSM one, so I figured Iíd walk away while the program preformed the fix and Iíd come back after a few meetings and just hotsync and restore my BUs. Wow, did I misfire on that! Now Iím waiting for HS to do their thing with my 3rd Treo. The best part of this is that the night before my radio crapped out, I could tell something odd was going on (atypical OS freezes and the like) and so I BUíd my current settings just as a precaution. I hope I didnít BU whatever nastiness blew out my radio. Any thoughts on that?
    I also installed the reset radio patch. Aftering draining my battery it is now completely dead. My Treo 270 is out of warranty. Can someone help and recommend other things to try to fix the problem. or is the battery dead and i am stuck with replacing it.

Thanks
    I started having the "Network Search...." forever that looked like it needed the radio reset. I ran it a few times with no luck. So I took the unit apart and disconnected the battery. Now it is dead, on the charger it just blinks red. I might try to take it apart and jump start the 3.7 lithium ion battery. Anyone tried this or other suggestions ?

Dang, looks like I will have to buy a Treo 600
    Originally posted by oclin627
    I also installed the reset radio patch. Aftering draining my battery it is now completely dead. My Treo 270 is out of warranty. Can someone help and recommend other things to try to fix the problem. or is the battery dead and i am stuck with replacing it.

Thanks
    Whether your Treo is in/out of warranty, I suggest you contact your retailer and tell them the HS Radio Reset fried your battery and you want a replacement.

I have had the endless search 4 times (twice on T180 and twice on T270) and the radio reset has never worked for me.

I am now awaiting a replacement T270 from Orange as the radio reset caused some 'unexpected features' to appear.

ps. When you receive your replacement and if you have the condition again (likely) and are running GPRS, you can always try reinstalling the GPRS Updater. Saying this, it didn't work for me the last time.
    www.gsmworld.com