1.    #1  
    I want to connect my Treo 300 to my laptop via de USB port. I am currently using Windows XP. The idea is to use the unlimited nights & weekends to dial my own ISP.

Do I need any drivers? I currently sync w/ the laptop just fine, but when trying to setup a new connection, it doesn't seem to be aware of the Treo 300 available as under a USB port. Any hints?

I know about PDANet & Wireless Modem, but just want to try a direct-modem connection. Thanks for any help.
    Originally posted by PDAman
    The idea is to use the unlimited nights & weekends to dial my own ISP.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Sprint will charge you $0.40/minute when you dial another ISP regardless if you use your N/W or not. This is the same case when you try to fax to a number. Thus even if you could do this, it wouldn't be very cost effective...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/10/2003 at 12:03 PM.
    PDANet will do what you want. However, please be aware of the massive bill that awaits you, as per the above post.
  4.    #4  
    I thought dialing the #777 was free, using PDAnet or Wireless Modem? Now Sprint sticks you with a bill, regardless?
    Originally posted by PDAman
    I thought dialing the #777 was free, using PDAnet or Wireless Modem? Now Sprint sticks you with a bill, regardless?
    No. The post asks whether he can dial into his ISP, not use Sprint's service.
  6.    #6  
    Hey Kurt;

Do you own that 2-headed turtle? Would you consider selling it? I'm serious..., depending on price, of course..