1.    #1  
    Hey dudes!

2 questions:

will Treo 600 have BlueTooth??

if not, will one be able to add bluetooth through the SD slot???

Thanks a TON!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    At this point the answers seem to be no, and yes, respectively.
    is that Bluetooth via the SDIO card will not make it "fully Bluetooth" like other Bluetooth enabled phones. It will have Bluetooth for data only. Those of you hoping to use one of those Jabra wireless headsets with the Treo600+Bluetooth card can forget about it.

The Bluetooth SDIO cards only support "data" oriented Bluetooth profiles.
    I mentioned this in the other thread btw and I'll say it hear agian: The is no integrated BT or wifi in the Treo600; however, there is an SDIO slot. The only problem is that there are currently NO OS 5.x drivers for the BT SD card! in fact, its been reported on Brighthand that PSG has no plans on ever releasing one. This of course has been extremely madenning to owners of OS 5.x devices like the T|C etc. Luckly though, there is hope with forthcoming Hagiwara SD BT and wifi cards that should be available later this year. There is also anticipation for SanDisk'c combo 256 MB + wifi SD cards as well. Both of these should hopefully work on the Treo 600...

Also, Druce MacFarlane is correct regarding the lack of BT headset support because the headset profile is not there (I'm not sure about the Hagiwara though). You can use the Jabra headset-- however, you must buy the adaptor which plugs into the headset port, and converts the signal to BT. There are several threads on this topic already FYI...
    It seems that the next generation BT (Version 1.2) is more promising with 16 bit stereo audio support and can also coexist with Wi-fi.

http://netscape.com.com/2100-1103_2-1014540.html
    As Handspring has been known to tinker with it's version of the OS, it is entirely possible that they have written their own OS 5 drivers for the BT SDIO card. As well, they could have written a headset profile into it.
  7.    #7  
    if the Treo 600 seriously doesn't have any BT options, then I'm going with the Kyocera....this is getting ridiculous

just put Bluetooth on it!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    if the Treo 600 seriously doesn't have any BT options, then I'm going with the Kyocera....this is getting ridiculous

just put Bluetooth on it!
    Uh...the Kyocera 7135 doesn't have integrate BT either! You need BT SD card and there still is no headset profile as I mentioned above. Also, by the time the Treo600 is eventually released, the Hagiwara cards should also be released as well. Thus I don't think adding BT shold be a problem.

However, what I would really like to see is a BT+storage combo similar to the sandisk wifi+storage combo I mentioned above. I really don't understand why no developer has offerred this type of combo...
    There has been talk of bluetooth for a long time now. Does anyone really believe that it is going to take off and become what it was intended to be? OR is it just a minior blip. It was supposed to be the hot item, oh, 6 years ago....
  10.    #10  
    BT would become HUGE if WinDoZe integrated it into their computers the way that Apple has....
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    build BT into wintel laptops and PC, and you have market critical mass right there. If would be very cool.
    Originally posted by mikec
    build BT into wintel laptops and PC, and you have market critical mass right there. If would be very cool.
    Now that Apple has done it, I believe the standard PC trend is for everyone else to do the same thing too.
    I would rather have BT than a hi-rez screen - isn't there a fairly high demand for BT in such a high end set like the 600?
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    Hey dudes!

2 questions:

will Treo 600 have BlueTooth??

if not, will one be able to add bluetooth through the SD slot???

Thanks a TON!!!
    Check out THIS article.
    Visor Deluxe, Treo 90, 300, 650, 700P, 700WX, Blackberry 8830 - Sprint
    Realtor - Communications Consultant