1.    #1  
    I just went to the sprint store here in lufkin, texas.. its supposely an affiliated store.. and well they said they couldnt replace it because it was dropped and that the warranty was voided... i didnt talk to the actual repair guy.. i may just go back and talk to him.. because now their are posts on my account saying that it was dropped and that they cant replace it.. so i called customer care.. and they said they cant replace it either...grrrrrrrrrrrr.. they said that my spending limit does not cover it and that they cant send me another phone... and that i should go to a national store.. which is two hours away!!! what do i do??? i need help!!!
    im on hold now... i hope something gets done... .. should i get the replacement program?? and wait a month?? will it be covered... ???

i need some advice!!
    I just went through the same thing....go to the main store and tell them it broke off when using it. They replaced mine and the new one has a better and more sturdy flip !

frank
    As for the Sprint Replacement Plan, just what exactly does it cover? I looked all over Sprint's web site and could not find the terms and conditions for the plan. Incidentally, I have the coverage but so far have not had to make a claim.
    Originally posted by guerrero023
    I just went to the sprint store here in lufkin, texas.. its supposely an affiliated store.. and well they said they couldnt replace it because it was dropped and that the warranty was voided... i didnt talk to the actual repair guy.. i may just go back and talk to him.. because now their are posts on my account saying that it was dropped and that they cant replace it.. so i called customer care.. and they said they cant replace it either...grrrrrrrrrrrr.. they said that my spending limit does not cover it and that they cant send me another phone... and that i should go to a national store.. which is two hours away!!! what do i do??? i need help!!!
    im on hold now... i hope something gets done... .. should i get the replacement program?? and wait a month?? will it be covered... ???

i need some advice!!
    Read my detailed replacement drama

Click here

Got mine replaced next day via cust care. The store is supposed to replace it though..

good luck!

-WZ
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    When mine broke from normal use. I called Sprint 3 times went to 4 stores in FL amd MA and was told by all that it could not be fixed. I even called Handspring and they would have nothing to do with their faulty design.

I had to purchase a new phone at $500, just 2 months ago. I had to pay full list because I was not signing up for a new plan. This is why as fast as I can I am going to purchase a sony 608 bluetooth and the soon to be released ipaq h1945.

The Treo is a unique product with several faults. To endure this type of service with it is not justified. But, I guess this is now Palms headache.
  6. JRL
    FYI-

Mine broke last week and I called Customer care. They said if it was under 12 months old they would fix it - just bring it into a store. I brought it in and relayed my message from customer care and they were hesitant at first but after a little pressure they ordered me a knew one next day air at no charge and took my old one back. However, when I called up sprint to activate my new model with my current service they tried to rape me with a new activation fee of 39.95 and signing a new contract. Needless to say I went nuts and they waived all that garbage.
    My flip also broke off...went to the Sprint store and the CSR ordered me a new one on the spot, no questions asked and gave me the UPS envelope and label to return the broken one to their service department. I will say it depends on the Sprint store and what kind of mood they are in. With the experiences that I have had with the 2 Sprint stores that are closest to my house, it is worth it for me to drive 20 mins in the opposite direction to this particular Sprint store because of their customer service. (They helped me out 2 years ago with a different phone and they put the other Sprint stores to shame!!!!)
    layand
  8.    #8  
    i was amazed! in shock! after screaming my head off here in lufkin about the broken lid the sprint store in houston attended me so fast that I was in shock... all I said was that was coming from 2 hrs away... and she was like they should of replaced it for u...im so happy now...they said that they would send it to my house..they gave me the envelope to send my treo ...the whole thing took 5 to 10 minutes... well thanks for everyone who helped!
    Are you guys getting these phones replaced even with no insurance? Just curious...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
  10.    #10  
    yeah.. they didnt ask me bout insurance... although I do have it now that I have had problems...it is a known defect that sprint is slowly learning about...
    Yes I have insurance, but the CSR did not ask me about it. The only thing he said to me was "No problem, we'll order you a new phone. What is your mobile number?" and "I'm sorry this happened, your new phone will arrive in 3-5 business days. Thank you for coming in and letting us take care of this for you". He then explained the ship back process to me and told me to have a good day. There was no hassel, explanation, or questions.
    layand
    Mine was replaced on the spot. I walked out with a new (albeit uncharged) Treo