Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like VeriChat has been updated again. v1.81 is out.
    What is the verdict? What changes/improvments? Any idea?
    Originally posted by Llynx
    What is the verdict? What changes/improvments? Any idea?
    Changes in v1.81
    Features:
    Integrated support for Palm Tungsten C and Sony devices with a WiFi card.
    Better support for non-phone connected Palms.
    Performance improvements for OS5 devices.
    Setup wizard changes.
    Bugs Fixed:
    Incorrect custom status in contact properties panel.
    Restart connection if lost bug.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hmmmm i just bought Verichat and got version 1.76 where can i get 1.81?
    just go to pdaapp and click on the free trial button for verichat.

it should install right over your current version with out a hitch.
    Felipe
    I don't like it! Unless I'm not doing something right, if I close Verichat (not sign off) it will put an "away" note on my name automatically. I can't get IM's until I open Verichat again then all of the SMS's roll in and the "away" note goes away! To chat I have to always be in the app or I won't get the IM.
    Am I missing something?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I don't like it! Unless I'm not doing something right, if I close Verichat (not sign off) it will put an "away" note on my name automatically. I can't get IM's until I open Verichat again then all of the SMS's roll in and the "away" note goes away! To chat I have to always be in the app or I won't get the IM.
    Am I missing something?

oooh, I'm glad I didn't jump at this download then. That is bad.
    Felipe
    I upgraded and am not having any problems like what has been described here. I would reinstall, just in case.

Geoffrey
    Thanks, but I think I'm gonna just stay clear! I started getting fatal errors after the install and every time that I scrolled down thru launcherX to select Verichat I would get an instant fatal alert as soon as I tried to scroll down before getting a chance to even select Verichat. Weird
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I installed yesterday and had the same problems as millerhifi. No SMS alerts and fatal resets.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I think, once again, that this has the smack of a Sprint problem. Starting last night, I stopped receiving ALL SMS messages. I'm having trouble getting into my Vision Manage site, and Sprint has confirmed that there is some problem with their system.

Since VeriChat is completely dependent on Sprint's SMS gateway, perhaps this is the culprit ? Did going back to the previous version get rid of the problems ?
    Yes, but I'm using a 270.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I've been using the new version, and no issues. Sprint. Treo300.
    Now it appears I'm having problems. If I open VeriChat, I get any IMs that were sent when I was gone. Does anyone have a copy of 1.76, non high-res?

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I used a trial a while ago and it was great, but now when i got bought the 1,76 version its crap. As soon as lid is closed im still listed online and msg are sent via email, thats not how the trial functioned.
    Thank you. PDAApps responded to my e-mail and has posted 1.82 to fix the problem.

Geoffrey
    That certainly is how it has always operated. To no longer be listed as on line, you must select "Signoff" from the "Messaging" menu. I've been using it since the first version. By the way, it sends using text messaging, not e-mail, although it uses your phones e-mail address.

Geoffrey

Originally posted by Andreas
    I used a trial a while ago and it was great, but now when i got bought the 1,76 version its crap. As soon as lid is closed im still listed online and msg are sent via email, thats not how the trial functioned.
    Before I take a chance at sending my 270 thru a wicked rollercoaster like it did w/version1.81, how is version 1.82?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I think this is a great app but I *REALLY* wish it had one simple function. I wish I could set a status message for each IM client that would read "I'm mobile" that would automatically be set when the lid is closed. Then update my status when I've connected to verichat as online. Anyone else have a Verichat wish list?

I'm using version 1.77 and i'm getting only truncated messages on MSN... even in chat mode. Then again the only buddy I've chatted with is using MSN 6 beta.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast