1.    #1  
    Hey, I've followed the mind-numbing threads speculating on the functionality of the new Treo 600. Screen res issues aside (which is disappointing if low-res and smaller than the 300 screen), overall the 600 sounds very good, but does anyone know whether the new OS system will allow for email attachments to be read, currently not possible on the Treo 300. Just curious what anyone else's read is on this.
    There are numerous 3rd party solutions available that will allow you to view email attachments like MS Word documents. I wish I could remember their names (I know, a lot of good that does you) but hopefully someone else will chime in and offer you assistance. I'm pretty sure you can view some email attachments on the Treo 300/600 using some 3rd party software/solution.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Marty,
    I went over to the Treo 300 forum and was browsing for the 3rd party apps. I am downloading Acrobat reader (right now) to do just that for jpg's and jpegs. I would like to be able to read WordPerfect docs and Word docs. Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated.
    Snappermail allows you to send and receive email attachments. It also comes bundled with a jpeg viewer. As to MS Word documents or spreadsheets, there are other apps (like Documents to Go) that allow you to read and/or work on these documents on your Treo.

Whether or not the 600 will have built in capabilities to handle email attachments is anybody's guess.

Cluemeister
    I'm glad you asked this question cause now I can ask mine. :-)

Will versamail now be included with the 600? They are both palm products now.

Has anyone treid versamail 2.5 yet?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I use Snappermail for attachments. If you want to open a native word/excel file, you can try Quickoffice Premier, although the next version of DTG is rumored to support native files this summer. Even with QO, you won't be able to send back a xls or doc file, without using igo's conversion server.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    I'm glad you asked this question cause now I can ask mine. :-)

Will versamail now be included with the 600? They are both palm products now.

Has anyone treid versamail 2.5 yet?
    Yes I've used Versamail 2.5.1 which came bundled with my Tungsten C, nice program but I use (and prefer) snapper mail to Versamail. I also wanted to use one application that would run both on my Treo and my Tungsten C.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by skfny
    I use Snappermail for attachments. If you want to open a native word/excel file, you can try Quickoffice Premier, although the next version of DTG is rumored to support native files this summer. Even with QO, you won't be able to send back a xls or doc file, without using igo's conversion server.
    You can send Microsoft Word (.doc) attachments from QuickWord without using any conversion utilities. QuickWord will prepare the document and send it over to SnapperMail. However, .xls files must be exported from QuickSheet into comma-separated or HTML first.
    Actuall, on my system, CSV export is broken (CES confirmed this) so HTML is the only real export format for Excel.

This makes forwarding a spreadsheet for additional editing just about impossible.

I have also played with their server solution (aileron product, if I recall) and it works great for word but it trys to turn Excel files into .doc files. Sigh...

I am looking forward to the new rev.

Other than that, I love the Snapper/QO combo although I am curious to take a closer look at Docs To Go because I understand that their Macintosh integration is more elegant
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...
    In my internal debate about whether I want a phone-centric or data-centric device, the ability to drive PowerPoint Presentations is a big consideration.

I can't tell from any previous posts... will the Treo 600 work with Margi Presenter to Go to drive PPT shows?

Also, will it have an earphone jack?
    I really need a device that show HTML emails - Any scoop on this for The TREO 600 or any other device??
    Originally posted by FastLane
    I really need a device that show HTML emails - Any scoop on this for The TREO 600 or any other device??
    Snappermail will incorporate this soon. I don't know if other programs allow it already.