Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Rob
    Rob is offline
    Rob's Avatar
    Posts
    531 Posts
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
       #1  
    http://msn-cnet.com.com/2009-1088-98...ml?tag=fd_rndm

    >The Treo 600, if it retains that name, is not a flip phone, like its
    >predecessors. The device has a built-in camera, high-resolution
    >display, and a Secure Digital expansion slot.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by Rob
    http://msn-cnet.com.com/2009-1088-98...ml?tag=fd_rndm

    >The Treo 600, if it retains that name, is not a flip phone, like its
    >predecessors. The device has a built-in camera, high-resolution
    >display, and a Secure Digital expansion slot.
    Hopefully this won't turn out like that Samsung phone that was 160x160 but was claimed to be "high resolution" because it was higher than most phones.
  3. Rob
    Rob is offline
    Rob's Avatar
    Posts
    531 Posts
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
       #3  
    From the way it was written, my impression was that they were listing the differences/improvements from the earlier versions of the Treo (not a flip phone, SD card slot, etc.)
  4. #4  
    I also hope it's not like Kyocera's version of Hi-Res. Hoping against hope, could it be that the screen IS 320X320, but the apps had not been upgraded on the display model at the show? I don't think you'd be able to tell whether a screen is hi-res if it's running a 160X160 program.
  5. #5  
    If it's indeed running a high res screen and OS 5, I would think the OS would automatically render the fonts in the nice smooth high res version instead of the crummy pixellated low-res ones.
  6. #6  
    It is not HiRes. It's probably the same old 270 screen but 'enhanced' for better daylight viewing.

    I'm sure that if Palm had bought HS before development of the 600 started, it would be HiRes.

    Shame really
    www.gsmworld.com
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by nzmoko
    It is not HiRes. It's probably the same old 270 screen but 'enhanced' for better daylight viewing.

    I'm sure that if Palm had bought HS before development of the 600 started, it would be HiRes.

    Shame really
    Do you have any proof of this. I'm still not entirely sure it's 160x160, though it probably is.
  8. tarfin's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    #8  
    Something tells me (pure hunch) that the specs haven't been locked in yet, so I'm holding out hope about the display.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by tarfin
    Something tells me (pure hunch) that the specs haven't been locked in yet, so I'm holding out hope about the display.
    Heheh, me too.
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by tarfin
    Something tells me (pure hunch) that the specs haven't been locked in yet, so I'm holding out hope about the display.
    i'm hoping that the orange version is different. :-)
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by tarfin
    Something tells me (pure hunch) that the specs haven't been locked in yet, so I'm holding out hope about the display.
    Or maybe they can offer 2 versions of the Treo 600. A cheaper version with low res screen, no Bluetooth, etc... and a high end Treo 600 with all the bells and whistles plus high res screen. Maybe that's asking a lot but at least that way they can cover two different markets...the casual user and the communicator SuperNerds, like myself, that are willing to pay top dollar for the best toys available. Just a thought...
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by Predator-1


    Or maybe they can offer 2 versions of the Treo 600. A cheaper version with low res screen, no Bluetooth, etc... and a high end Treo 600 with all the bells and whistles plus high res screen. Maybe that's asking a lot but at least that way they can cover two different markets...the casual user and the communicator SuperNerds, like myself, that are willing to pay top dollar for the best toys available. Just a thought...
    I think their experience with the Treo 180, 270 and 300 shows there aren't enough of us supernerds out there. Maybe to support an incremental increase such as you're proposing, though.
  13. #13  
    Kurt is on the money there....there aren't enough of us Treophiles to justify mutliple device version.

    I think the move is to combine the technologies and go for the upper end market; combo CDMA, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth. I'm sure a lot of people would be banging down that door.

    But that is likely a year or so away, so we take what we can get.

    From what I've seen for the Treo 600, I give it a thumbs up, although I wish full BT was there.

Posting Permissions