1.    #1  
    I saw this over at sprintusers.com and thought it was very helpful. Anyone else thinking of buying this thing?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I would love to buy one of these things, but his description of his experience (which lives up to my expectations), makes me take a pass.

First, it sounds as though his GPS assistant actually caused a 15 minute trip take about 30 minutes. Second, the amount of driver distraction is just not acceptable. I live in California where they have introduced legislation to ban hand-held cell phone use (A measure I fully support). I never use my phone in the car without a headset because it only takes a small distraction to lead to a crash (I have first-hand experience with this).

I use the DA app which interfaces with mapquest to give me turn by turn directions. It works great and only adds a few seconds to the beginning of my journey.

For a GPS to be really useful, it needs to be voice-activated and auto-route. I don't believe we'll see a unit like tis for a Treo for quite some time (if ever).