1.    #1  
    ANY IDEA IF THE NEW TREO WHICH WILL HAVE, (WE HOPE), HAVE A SD SLOT, WILL IT BE ABLE TO PLAY MP3 MUSIC AND TALKING BOOKS?

THANKS JAY
    Reportedly the Treo600 will have mp3 playback capabilities...
    now if you can just put my gameboy advance pansonic 4in1 camera and ipod and treo phone all together
    or i guess i could wait for this new sony walkman thingy(technical term)
    though i think mp3 playback would be cool, i think i would still hesitate to wear my phone to listen to mp3's while working out on the weight machines at the Y... can just see myself crunching the phone against a machine as i squeeze through to get to the next one...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Since no one who's seen the 600 has noted an audio jack on the device, I would say it's highly unlikely.
    Originally posted by Gameboy70
    Since no one who's seen the 600 has noted an audio jack on the device, I would say it's highly unlikely.
    Well craigdts reported here on page 8 that the Treo600 will do mp3's. Thus, I think we can assume it will have an audio jack. If Handspring ommited this, it would be yet another monumental blunder to compound the existing screen debacle. I would be very suprised if they made such a screwup...
    I think its a pretty safe bet that the Treo 600 will at least have a headset jack. If in fact that is the case, HS could modify it to be used as a headphone jack as well for mp3 playback with the proper adaptor (much in the same way Kyocera did with the 7135's headset/headphone jack).
    gfunkmagic wrote:

Well craigdts reported here on page 8 that the Treo600 will do mp3's.

That was the one and only time I've seen mp3 mentioned. It appeared early in the thread, and when the mp3 issue dropped out of the discourse, I got suspicious, so I took a closer look at the sketch of the 600, finding nowhere for mp3 to output. Of course, Jake Ehrlich was drawing from memory, which probably accounts for the omission. Plus, as you've said, there will probably be an audio jack for handsfree use anyway. I also thought it would be unlikely because Hawkins has never designed a handheld with mp3 capability; but he's never designed a handheld with a camera, either.

If Handspring ommited this, it would be yet another monumental blunder to compound the existing screen debacle.

What debacle? The device hasn't even been released yet, nor have the official specs. A few harangues endlessly repeated by a few self-annointed power users hardly constitute a debacle.
    [i]gfunkmagic wrote:
    What debacle? The device hasn't even been released yet, nor have the official specs. A few harangues endlessly repeated by a few self-annointed power users hardly constitute a debacle.
    Your probably right. I restrain the "debacle" references until the Treo 600 is officially released!
    http://www.bargainpda.com/default.as...wComments=true

Audio Out: Speakerphone, headset jack, MP3
    Best Regards,

Nathan