1.    #1  
    The only reasons so far that I would want the new Treo600 over the 300 is it can run PalmOS5 and has a Java browser. i assume a new Java version of Blazer? Anyway, the OS5 is the smaller of the two that i want. I want the java browser for my 300, but I assume it takes Palm OS5 to run it.

What do the Palm OS educated (read Palm gurus) people think about the odds of upgrading the Treo300 from 3.5.x to 5 in the near futher? The odds of getting a Java browse for the 300 from the current OS?

If I could get a Jva browser for my 300, I thin I will stay with it. I like the bigger screen, i don't care for a camera.

TIA< Matt Burkhard
    Not possible. OS 5.x runs on a totally different ARM based processor. You have to completely upgrade the mainboard of the Treo 300 to do this. It just wouldn't be practical..
  3.    #3  
    Whole different flavor eh......Oh well. how about a Java based Browser around the corner or the "New Blazer" working with the older OS too? Thanks
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Whole different flavor eh......Oh well. how about a Java based Browser around the corner or the "New Blazer" working with the older OS too? Thanks
    I assume you mean "java script" and not java. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $PalmOS$ $5$.$x$ $does$ $not$ $support$ $Java$. ($I$ $dunno$ $about$ $OS$ $6$). $But$ $I$ $believe$ $there$ $are$ $a$ $couple$ $browsers$ $out$ $like$ $like$ $Xino$ $and$ $Ipanel$ $that$ $suporrt$ $Java$ $scripts$. $Give$ $them$ $a$ $try$...
  5.    #5  
    Yes, I meant Java script, I forgot how in this "feild" I need to be more specific when I post stuff. Thanks, I'll try those browsers, thanks,Matt
  6.    #6  
    i found iPanel, do you have a link for Xino? I can't find it with Google...Thx,Matt
    http://www.ilinx.co.jp/en/products/

I could find it initially either. But it's called Xiino with two "i"s.
  8.    #8  
    well great googly moogly...thant clears that up
    Thanks
  9.    #9  
    Looks like the trial version doesn't support Java script, correct? I want to be able to check my exchange mail from the http://webmail.yourcompany.com site. I am a little leary to spend the $ to test this to see if it work. Are there anyother reasons then java support to have Xiino over Blazer? Please give me your input. TIA, Matt Burkhard
    Xiino doesn't support Outlook Web Access. The trial is fully functional.
  11.    #11  
    Wonder why I get the "java needs to be enabled" error on some pages? Any ideas?
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Wonder why I get the "java needs to be enabled" error on some pages? Any ideas?
    Java and Javascript are two different animals. OWA (Outlook Web Access) runs a Java program that is very complex, it looks nearly identical to their Win32 Office application. These browsers cannot run such heavy apps. I wonder if the IE built into a pocket pc could run OWA.
  13.    #13  
    Once again I show my ignorance , thanks for the info. That makes sence now, why I was getting what I was getting for an error. So with Xiino (unlike Blazer), which supports Java script, I can look at sites that need java script to work, work better or not hanve my hands toed in certain areas?. However, sites like OWA and hotmail will not work due to them using Java, correct?

So examples of Java Scrpit are what? Moving banners, click/pull down options, use of some colors, pop up promts, new windows and such. So I take it the use of Java Script can make a plan jane site, have fancy bells and wistles then.

Thanks to all that took the time to help me!

matt burkhard
    If you want to use OWA on your pda, check out this site. Also, search "OWA" the boards for more info...
  15.    #15  
    GFM,
    That looks like the ticket, but $150 is steep for just me. Also it looks like it has to be on the server and setup by the Co IT folks? So if I bought it, and didn't have support from IT installing it, it would not work then I guess? Thanks for the link, I am sending to our IT dept. Matt
    Hotmail WILL work with Xiino. Just type in the regular URL. There are even links in other threads to make Hotmail work with Blazer. One big advantage for Xiino is the speed. It appears much faster than Blazer, but the graphics are of reduced quality, and the formatting is not as good.
  17.    #18  
    SKfny,
    I found and use hotmail with Blazer, thanks though, you never know.

I think I will get Xiino, it is like you say, faster, but the grapics are a little lame. I think it has it uses for me.

I just tried hotmail again with Xiino and I get a "sign-in Acess error" and it says "JavaScrpit required", I looked for a JavaScript on/off option in Xiino and can't find it. Are we sure the trial version of Xiino has this avaliable? Thanks, Matt