• Yes/Si

176 70.40%
  • No/No

38 15.20%
  • Not Sure/No Seguro

36 14.40%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From what we know of the supposed "treo 600," whould you buy one right now if it was available?

Me? I'm undecided. Sure the feautures are nice, but I need to here reports on how readable it is outside.

Sure I will probably be one of the first to buy the gsm version, but if I can't read it outside it will probaly be returned (unless it is love at first site). How is that for hedging.?

I would of loved a 320x320 screen, but I could live with 160x160.

Anyhow, would you?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I am the first to poll.

Could you guys imagine that a Chinese from a town in remote China is addicted with a Treo device? Yes, I AM. Love it to death. As long as the GSM/GPRS version hit the market, no matter where it is, Asia or Europe, I will buy one immediately, if the price is less than $600.

Originally posted by Felipe
    From what we know of the supposed "treo 600," whould you buy one right now if it was available?

Me? I'm undecided. Sure the feautures are nice, but I need to here reports on how readable it is outside.

Sure I will probably be one of the first to buy the gsm version, but if I can't read it outside it will probaly be returned (unless it is love at first site). How is that for hedging.?

I would of loved a 320x320 screen, but I could live with 160x160.

Anyhow, would you?
    As many of you could have predicted, I remain undecided. I'm gonna have to see the screen before I make any decision...
    My vote of NO was based solely on the VERY poor performance of my * 4 * treo 180's.

I SERIOUSLY doubt I will ever again purchase an item in any way associated with Handspring.
    I gave a no because of the screen. I was really looking at 320x320. Also, having a touch screen exposed all the time, does give me a bit of a scare. I prefer the clamshell design.

Looks like I will wait for the Samsung SGH-i500.

PS. Due to the crap support in OZ, that also helps the decision of 'no'.
    When I 1st 'saw' it. I would definitely say NO, coz I want 320x320.
    But I like treo and will wait for the official announcement, So my answer is not sure.
    I voted no, because it lacks a high resolution screen. I just got my wife a Zire 71 and it has such a beautiful screen. All of my programs look so much better on that screen. Everything is easier to read and it is easier to view images. Why have a camera if you don't have the Hi Res to view the pictures you took. I'll stick with my 300 until they get it right. Maybe I'll get a Tungsten next.
    Yes, without hesitation. Bring on the smaller size, audio and video capabilities of OS5, and the SDIO slot!! If the screen is at least as good as my current Treo300, then it is fine with me!
    I'd buy a 600 now.....as long as the pricing model for PCS Vision (or its equivalent) is the same as the Treo 300. The $10 per month for unlimited email, internet connectivity is one of the major benefits of the 300.
    Yes, ab-si-lutely!
    Not happy about no flip if screen is scratch-prone, but ecstatic about sd memory, audio/video in os5, and happy about camera as an extra. Worried about cdma only -- sprint doesn't do well at my house, and I had trade in my treo300 for a 270 (which is fine except I lost about $200 in rebates!)
    i voted no because i love my 300 and would at least wait until the 600 comes down in price. still finding new ways to enjoy the 300, don't need another new toy; not quite a year yet.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I am looking at my 300 right now. Less than a Meg of available RAM (and I deleted stuff to get that).

I am down on the lack of a flip and 160x160 would be a HUGE downer
    More RAM and expandability is a HUGE plus. Bigger battery is big and the camera is nice (I carry a Sanyo picturephone to cover those issues now)

I keep trying to figure out a way to make the Tungsten C work (Why no bluetooth!?!?) but it just doesn't make sense.

So, yes right now I probably would buy a 600 because I think it is the best set of compromises for what I do.

OK Caveat... I don't think I will buy it until I can put my hands on it (course there are no hinges to break!!)
    I hate it when somebody has a cooler
    toy than me...
    Price?
    GSM service in the USA?
    Your poll did not have the option: "Pending on my mood in few months."
    m00se
    Last edited by m00se; 06/06/2003 at 08:20 AM.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I voted yes, although I'm seriously considering a combination of Sony Ericsson T608/Tungsten C. My reason for that is my dissatisfaction with Sprint's support for the Treo. I think that having a separate PDA from a vendor like Palm may provide better support for upgrades, bug fixes, etc.

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I voted not sure since the screen and price will be the ultimate decision makers for me. I'm leaning towards no at this point, but that could change.
    I also voted not sure. I've had three 270's and a 180. I loved the Treo. However, the constant Q/C issues pushed me over the edge. Right now I'm doing the T/T, T68i combo. Never thought I'd go back to duel devices, but I'll tell ya, this is NICE. Some may need the keyboard more than others, I found I didn't need it as much as I thought. I'm gonna wait and see.
    I'll definitely buy it when the price comes down and hopefully by then I'll be able to keep my number when i switch to Sprint. My Treo 270 will be fine for now. I'm on my first Treo. . . bought when it first came out. No quality issues. . . well except the sim card door is not completely flush. Not a big deal.

low res 160x160 not a big deal for me. It's a sacrifice i'm willing to make for smaller overall size. Everything else seems great.
    Probably will get it. I'm sick of lugging around a cell phone and fat pocket pc. They tend to get left behind a lot. I'm also considering the Sprint i-700 Pocket PC phone/pda combo. That definitely has ALL the features I could want on it. But the form factor of Pocket PC gives me pause. The big PPC screen IS nice, but I would at this point rather shave some off the dimensions if I want the device with me all the time. I could care less about the PocketPC vs. Palm OS controversy. They both do what I want more or less. I will miss the voice-recorder feature if I go with the Treo 600. And 160x160 doesn't exactly thrill anybody I guess--IF that indeed is what it ends up being. But I'll live with it. At the size it appears to be, I highly doubt it will leave my side as often as my other junk does.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I would NOT!! The new ipaq 1945, releasing in July and the Sony T 608 in late June both with bluetooth are a better option. Sorry Palm/Handspring!!

Small phone; small ipaq .5 wide 5oz; e-mail with attachments; great screen; SDIO slot for expansion and wifi; mp3; Less money; need I say more.
    It just hit me how weird this question is. Not useless, just weird. I mean really, most of us have only seen this thing poking out of someone's hand in a publicity photo! That said, I would probably buy one.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast