250. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes/Si

176 70.40%
  • No/No

38 15.20%
  • Not Sure/No Seguro

36 14.40%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    What I want to know is why it isn't going to come out till October if they have basically complete and finished units around now to test.

A poster on another thread (about surcharges on PPC phone plans) mentioned new PCS Vision plans coming out on Monday. Could this be the day for new product announcements from Sprint like, oh . . . I don't know . . . the T600?

Hmmm. Probably not. Sounds too good to be true. But it sure would reconcile your question about the long wait for a pre-announced and essentially finished product.
    Voted "Yes" last week. But, now, I've changed my mind.
    The reason? The camera.

I don't really want a camera; but, wouldn't mind having it.
    However, more and more places are starting to ban camera-phones. And, many of my clients' buildings do not permit cameras to be brought in. (They're design and engineering centers - can't risk having photos taken of top secret stuff.)

So, the camera is starting to seem like a real liability.
    Do I really want to keep track of where I can and cannot take my Treo?
    Do I really want to schlep my Treo back to my car after being told I can't take it inside?
    Do I really want to check my Treo at a reception desk, leaving it in some stranger's hands, and risk forgetting it on my way out?
    Do I really want to carry a paper planner (or memorize my schedule) so I can book meetings while on-site with my clients?
    Do I really want to carry a paper address book so I can make calls or provide phone numbers while on-site with my clients?
    Etc.

I think not.

<drat!>
    The camera seems to be a serious concern to one of the biggest user segments the Treo 600 line is targeting. I think Handspring must be hearing that loudly from corporate clients. I hope they come out with a solution like a cameraless model or a clean lense pop-out solution. As I have said before, if they do the latter and provide a rubber hole cover, things should work very nicely.
    Thanks, Silverado - missed the "cameraless" thread.
    (Must have been overwhelmed with grief at having "injured" my 270... it still works, but the screen is messed up, making it quite difficult to read. What to do?!)

I've since sent my cameraless-plea to Palmspring... to no avail, I'm sure.
    Originally posted by LizB
    Thanks, Silverado - missed the "cameraless" thread.
    (Must have been overwhelmed with grief at having "injured" my 270... it still works, but the screen is messed up, making it quite difficult to read. What to do?!)

I've since sent my cameraless-plea to Palmspring... to no avail, I'm sure.
    Sorry to hear about your Treo injury. As I posted in yet another thread, my 270 was stolen last week in the City of Lights. I placed an order today for a new $70 Treo 270 (after rebates) from Amazon.
    Silverado - I'm SO sorry; I didn't immediately recognize that it was YOU who'd recently had his Treo stolen... so insensitive of me. You have my condolences and sympathies - I've often worried about "losing" my Treo and having my data fall into the wrong hands. I hope everything is working out OK for you.
    And, good news - I see that your replacement has shipped!

Meanwhile, I've been able to fix my 270
    It was working, but the display was funky - red, yellow, blue lines running across it.
    So, I cracked it open and (after poking around for a time) found that the clip that "locks" the screen cable to the mainboard had come loose. I pushed the cable back into position then snapped the clip into place - voila!

Perhaps this will help someone else.
    While playing around with the cable, I noticed that an "unlocked" cable can also manifest itself in the old "dead backlight" condition (the nearly black screen that caused so many of us to exchange our early 270s).
    Something to consider, for those whose screens have "died."
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I would buy one today if it were on Verizon. Sprint has bad coverage in our area, so I am stuck with Verizon - fairly good network; poor phone selection.

Don't forget to sign the Treo 600 - Verizon Petition!

->Click to Sign or Look at Treo 600 Petition<-
    I'd say "no" for the same reason! I'm on my 7TH Treo 180 and would have to see either a dirt cheap trade in/upgrade option, or there would have to be no other pda phones on earth to consider a new Handspring product.

Originally posted by dannoz
    My vote of NO was based solely on the VERY poor performance of my * 4 * treo 180's.

I SERIOUSLY doubt I will ever again purchase an item in any way associated with Handspring.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345