Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Point 1: Handspring doesn't make pure PDAs any longer. Palm does.
    Point 2: Palm is putting thumb-keyboards on their high-end devices (T-W, T-C).
    Point 3: Palm now has access to the (IMHO) better keyboard developed by Handspring.
    Conclusion: There WILL be a modern successor to the Treo 90 after all!

(I did say this was wishful thinking...)

Rusty J
    Treo 90
    Treo 270
    Micro Innovations IR keyboard
    There are several ppl over on PIC who are hoping the same thing.

Question: What is better about the treo 90, than the current T|C and T|W?

PPL seem to love the Treo 90, I guess the price made it a barrier to higher exceptance. I think this was Ed Colligans (Sp) last try at "basic" pda. If I remember correcly, he wanted the edge to have a keyboard and when the decision to only do communicators came out he was the lone decenter.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I think the 90 will still be the last HS PDA in whatever manifestation. Of course, I'd love to see and OS5 95, but I think Palm won't allow it.

It would be nice to see ThumBoard versions of all Palm PDAs. I would buy a TB Zire 71. And a Tungsten T with TB would also be cool.

Kevin
    Personally, I'm waiting for the day when the RIM/Blackberry licensing deal with Palm kicks in, to allow-- at long last-- **true** always-on email. Blend that with a backlit Treo thumb-board, SDIO, the T90's overall compact size factor --- we're talking this kidd's e-heaven!!

WebSter
    Originally posted by J. Kevin Wolfe
    I think the 90 will still be the last HS PDA in whatever manifestation. Of course, I'd love to see and OS5 95, but I think Palm won't allow it.

It would be nice to see ThumBoard versions of all Palm PDAs. I would buy a TB Zire 71. And a Tungsten T with TB would also be cool.

Kevin
    Well, when I first played with a Zire 71 and noticed how clear, sharp and colourful the screen was I nearly bought one. Then I realized there wasn't yet at least a clip-on thumboard, and also noted that Graffiti 2 stinks.

If Palm were to come out with a Zire 71 with a thumboard, I'd buy one. I don't need a built-in phone. WiFi , thumboard and and a built-in camera would be all I would need to be happy with my purchase. Granted, the Tungsten 'C' fits the bill minus the camera, but at eight and a half bills (Cdn funds), it's more than I can afford.