1.    #1  
    After months of problem-free use, today suddenly the radio/wireless part of my 300 has stopped working. It turned on just fine this morning, but later at work I noticed I didn't have any signal (usually have two bars). So I decided to turn off the wireless and turn it back on to reacquisition the nearest cell tower. Holding the power but gave me the usual descending beeps and the "Goodbye" splash screen. When I held the power button again, the expected "Welcome" splash screen came up with the ascending beeps, but then nothing else happened. I didn't get the little "Searching for network" popup box or anything. After about 5 seconds, the "Welcome" screen is still there but I hear the descending beeps. After a few more seconds the Welcome screen disappears and in the phone mode at the top it says "Wireless mode is off".

I've tried soft, warm, and even the dreaded hard reset, to no avail. I cannot get this thing to search for the network. And nothing had changed. It didn't get bumped, I haven't installed or uninstalled any software in months, and I don't run any hacks. The TreoCentral boards have mentioned a similar problem with the 180/270, but there's nothing about the 300. Sprint tech support says I have to take it to a store so they can do a diagnostic. In the mean time I'm trying a complete battery drain.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Try switching the audible/vibrate switch on the top back and forth a few times. Mine got "caught inbetween" once and responded similarly.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by BillFugina
    Try switching the audible/vibrate switch on the top back and forth a few times. Mine got "caught inbetween" once and responded similarly.
    I tried this on your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't change anything. I also fully ran down the battery, which set it back to the factory defaults, and that didn't change anything either.
    bill dycus