Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Sorry to get hopes up I didn't look that closely at the pics and now its obvious that isn't a full keyboard.

Edit: I know the G1000 since I'm seriously considering it as a 300 replacement so it was just a bonehead call on my part.
  2.    #62  
    Since I am mobile at the moment, I checked that Mobile Burn link via Blazer, and it resized the layout and pictures. I didn't see anything via Blazer that looked like the Treo600, but once I get back to the desktop, I'll check back again.
    also - don't forget that there's no more JogDial. a post right above mentioned that, so I thought I'd recall that.
    So nrosser, what was this whole Dallas event about? Were all Sprint users welcome or did you get some special invitation? If the latter, why are you so special?

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    OLD dark blue Mitsubishi phone that ATTWS used to sell - anyone remember that one?
    hey, i resemble that remark! actually, i used the mitsubishi T250 phone you are referring to for a couple of years. of course, it was a pain without the keyboard, but i will always remember waiting on line for rides at disney world (i'm from long island) and answering my email...

lucky for me the lines were long, plenty of time to type using the darn phone keys
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Originally posted by silverado
    Wow, this board is alive again...
    With the sooooound of muuuuuuuusic.

TheHandlessKing
    Latest moBlog shot:
    nrosser that is some awesome stuff you shared with us today! And it's all becuase you hada treo in the first place heh..

I assume they kept the current resolution?

Also, just for board knowledge, at least in January, Handspring was up to 6 hours talk time. This could be more or less now, but the (rumors said) prototypes were running withthat. Big batteries give big talktimes, and high prices!

These next 2 weeks will be exciting. I'm worried about the lack of a GSM product. It was my understanding from somewhere that GSM would be released first...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Music? It has an .mp3 player?
    One can hope... and not unrealistically so, either.
    Rusty J
    Quaintly archaic Treo 270
    Originally posted by Rusty J
    Music? It has an .mp3 player?
    One can hope... and not unrealistically so, either.
    Rusty J
    Quaintly archaic Treo 270
    Assuming they put in the standerd audio drivers? Things like aeroplayer, and realplayer for palm OS 5 should work fine. However, OS 5 has a lot of compatibility problems between devices. (software will only run on sony, or only run on palm) so who knows...
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  9.    #69  
    I dont know the exact resolution (360 by 240 or whatever - 64000 colors - beats me) but what I CAN say with certainty is that when I held my Treo300 next to the 600, the 600 was at least 40% brighter. And I just thought the 300 had a bright screen...

one cool thing is the case looks metal-ish and some of the keys are silver-y, so the whole thing just LOOKS much cooler. It just looks more high-tech and happening. No more boring plastic grey/silver (depending on which one you have now - 180/270/300).

I do think our GSM chaps are in for a wait. I got the definite impression that only CDMA is planned for now, but of course we can't ignore what HAND has going with Orange, so you never know.
    The proof is in the hand tho, and I held one with a Sprint logo, so that speaks volumes.
    if so tell me if i can go, where, and how to get in, im dying to see the treo. or tell me now i can meet you and u could get me in? ill buy lunch.
    I dont know the exact resolution (360 by 240 or whatever - 64000 colors - beats me) but what I CAN say with certainty is that when I held my Treo300 next to the 600, the 600 was at least 40% brighter. And I just thought the 300 had a bright screen...

one cool thing is the case looks metal-ish and some of the keys are silver-y, so the whole thing just LOOKS much cooler. It just looks more high-tech and happening. No more boring plastic grey/silver (depending on which one you have now - 180/270/300).

I do think our GSM chaps are in for a wait. I got the definite impression that only CDMA is planned for now, but of course we can't ignore what HAND has going with Orange, so you never know.
    The proof is in the hand tho, and I held one with a Sprint logo, so that speaks volumes.
    nrosser,

Regarding the screen, was the shape rectangular or square? If it was square and high rez, then most likely it will have a 320x320 resolution similar to the Zire 71 and Tungsten C. I would be very suprised if it had a rectangular 320x480 screen!!

Also, the thing that has me most astonished it the purportedly huge battery: 1600 or 1800 mAh is HUGE! I want to point out again that this would be even larger than the batteries in the T|C or T|W (1500 mAh) which already have very impressive longevity! If true, the Treo 600 is going to have an absolutely incredible talk/standby time...
    gmsmith on this board stated that the HS reps requested that no pictures be taken of the 600. Chances are, if someone does manage to get a picture posted, HS will "kindly" ask for it to be removed.
    go.digital
    partly joking and partly serious.

The 600 is sounding incredible.
    ill try to verify whats said

nrosser. im not sure if there a requirements to get in. perhaps you could get me in if necessary?

if you'd be willing to help, drop me an email to craigdts@earthlink.net w/ your cell phone # and ill call. Thanks.

either way ill be going tommorrow to see it.
  15.    #75  
    craigdts - the conference is at the Anatole. Yes it's still going on tomorrow - I won't be there. What it is is the national Sprint PCS Business User Forum. Basically the user group for their business customers, nationally. I went mainly as a vendor (and hoping againsthope that I'd see the new device, and voila!). You would have had to register to get in, but you might be able to do a walk up thing - it's free. The Handsring people are there, along with all the other major CDMA mfg'ers that Sprint uses - the usual vendor booth scene with various breakouts, etc. Might as well give it a shot, and take a camera - you never know.
    Screen shape? Well seemed the same overall shape as my 300 just a tad smaller. I can't tell if my 300 is square or rectangle, so you be the judge. square, I guess
    u know what time it starts in the morning?

any tips to get in?
  17.    #77  
    they have breakfast from 6:30 to 8:00, and pretty much all the events are centered around the 'Chantilly Ballroom' - it has its own entrance, pretty much between those two large towers.
    In looking at the agenda, I can't tell if they're going to have the registration booth thing going tomorrow - they don't call that out like they have for Monday, but I would say - wtf - just go for it. Since the thing is FREE, what can they do? If you end up not being able to register, it's likely you won't be able to get into the trade show area, but if you lurk, you might be able to squeeze in somehow.
    Good luck and good hunting. I want someone else to see this freaking thing so I can know if my impressions were correct.
    my wife works 1 exit from the anatole, so make it a lunch date, that way i wont be going out there for nothing if i cant get in.

though i do have a friend whose husband works @ the anatole . . . might be able to help . . .

what's the best time to go to get to see the treo?

It would be great if u could give me your pass or something? craigdts@earthlink.net
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    nrosser: thanks for answering my questions earlier. i appreciate it.

ok people - more info to whet the appetite.
    size larger than the P800, I think. I will admit the HAND booth was two away from the Sony booth and I couldn't have cared less about the SE wares - I don't recall the exact size of the P800, but I would guess the 600 falls someplace between that Kyo candy bar phone with the blue screen, and an OLD dark blue Mitsubishi phone that ATTWS used to sell - anyone remember that one?
    Keys - as I had indicated, they are 'domed', meaning they protrude up from the surface much more than the current ones. Maybe that will help with the tactile feedback.
    The d-pad is definitely above the t-board, btw the main 4 app keys. I don't know if it will mimic the back-to-launcher mode of the W, but I WILL say that they now have the ability to have apps and web pages in what we now think of as the speed dial buckets - so that would obviate the need to go back to the main launcher, for the most (looks like PowerJog will have a limited lifespan).
    Spkrphn? Clueless. didn't check for that (the HAND guys were keeping a tight 'lid' - heh - on the one or two they had there). Oh and the lid - I saw some Sprint guys talking to the HAND people, and they were very happy to not have to deal with flip lid failure returns anymore. I got the sense that Sprint drove that decision as much as anyone.
    Clueless about Bluetooth.
    No detach on the camera.
    (posted via the old technology of the Treoo300)
    if the screen is at least 320 x 320, then It will be my next purchase. I dont mind the 'no-flip cover'. Just release the GSM 1st.
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast