Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930
    I am considering purchasing a Treo 600 when they become available this fall. I live in an area that is serviced by both CDMA and GSM. However, I travel frequently to the U.S. (I live in Canada) and wonder if readers have opinions on how CDMA coverage compares to GSM coverage in the U.S. I will also be travelling increasingly outside of NA where I understand GSM is the standard. Thanks in advance.
    If your in Canada, you first have to look at the fact that a CDMA version would have to sold from either Telus or Bell. The Sprint CDMA version will not work. With GSM, you can buy it then put in your SIM from either Rogers or Fido. Or other providers like AT&T or whomever is a GSM carrier in the US and all over the world.

While CDMA (Sprint, Telus, Bell) generally have broader coverage areas, the fact that a CDMA version for a carrier in Canada hasn't been announced at all, the GSM version might work oout to be better.
    Overall would this be the right time and the right product to upgrade from the 300?
    it's funny to go back and look at all of the excitement and speculation (and right and wrong guesses!) now that many of us actually have one in hand.
  5.    #585  
    And somehow, strangely enough, I feel like I was there at the beginning. I remember being at the Sprint Forum back in June, eyes narrowing as the Sprint folks mentioned that they were going to be showing a video from Jeff Hawkins. I thought to myself - 'I wonder if he's going to show the new device?'. Video started (and remember, NO ONE at that point, in any sort of mass mode, knew about it), I leaned forward as I was standing in the back of the room. His little video (we've all seen it by now - it's the one that was on the Handspring site for a while) started. He showed the 600, for what seemed like only about 30 seconds. I fired up the 300, hopped over to the Sprint300 forum, posted what I saw, and waited for the avalanche to hit.
    I then went over to the Handspring booth and SAW one in person, immediately, while right there at the booth, went back to the Treo300 forum, and posted some more updates.

What a wild ride. All for a little phone/piece of plastic. I wonder in 10 years if I'll look back and think - 'what in the WORLD was I doing back then - puh-leeze!'
    The more things change...the more they stay the same
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    The more things change...the more they stay the same
    LOL! Wow, this thread seems like eons ago!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    We can only hope that tomorrow (May 30th, 2007)'s excitement level exceeds what owners of the tired Treo 300 experienced on that fateful day many years ago.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    LOL! Wow, this thread seems like eons ago!
    yeah but I bet the gal in that pic still looks as good
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930