Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    I've had a 180 and a few 270's. Now I'm on the T/T, SE T68I combo. I was also looking forward to the new version. Based on my experiences and the comments on this board, I think I'll stick with what I've got. Bluetooth is the way to go, my friends.
    Originally posted by Scott R
    OK, Craig and nrosser...Please take a look at the following and let me know how far off I am...

http://goodthatway.com/temp/treo_new6.jpg

Among other things, I made it a lot more rounded than Craig's sketch.

Scott
    Scott,

That's a pretty good mockup! Thanks for doing that, it gives a decent idea of what the Treo 600 might look like! From the reports of Craig and nrosser, it seems the new Treo will at least excell in looks and styling. *sigh* Too bad about the crappy low rez screenie and no BT...Alas unless some drastic change occurs, all my attention now is focused on the T608 and I sincerely hope Sprint doesn't screw w/BT on that mobile...
    Originally posted by Scott R
    OK, Craig and nrosser...Please take a look at the following and let me know how far off I am...

http://goodthatway.com/temp/treo_new6.jpg

Among other things, I made it a lot more rounded than Craig's sketch.

Scott
    the edges really look like the way i made them in the pic. just slightly rounded on corner tips so u dont poke yourself

the screen is too small in your pic, fit it like in the picture i made

color is much darker, and keys are lighter. and the thumbboard has been modified, but the way uve got it is ok.

its more rectangular, like in my pic, than rounded on bottom and top. square off the bottom . . . its 1/2 inch thick all the way - it doesnt taper off like 300 does. when u look at it straight forward like u have it, it almost looks like a perfect rectangle.

**make the screen go w/in mm's of the edges. screen is definitely wrong.

the number pad buttons are on left side of thumboard.

note: i coudlnt draw it properly, but there literally seems to be no empty space from the perspective youve done (front).

overall looks good, but needs major edits.

if want put sprint logo top right, and treo logo in middle just below screen.

use a darker metallic blue. think the keys were much lighter color
    try the treo 300 color for dpad and appl. keys.

the color u use for the tbe dpad and app keys is teh color of the 600 case.

hope that helps, your doing good job.
    oh yeah all the thumbboard keys are the same color, no light blue for option key.

and add a key onto the right and left side of the bottom thumboard line w/ the spacebar on it. the thumboard is also a rectangle.

looking forward to the mods.
    do sprint label in white (slightly metallic 300 color) in top right and treo label same way in middle just below the screen.

(dont know if u want to get that detailed, but we gonna get this thing right.)

led light light is a lighter green.
    to gfunkmagic: I see you post on many, many palm forums. you seem very knowledgeable. can I ask what's so good about the sony-ericson T-608?
    the 600 really looks and is shaped like the drawing in my sketch. screen also (it almost goes to the edge).
    You would expect HS to hang onto the 'old' screen. It's proprietory and I doubt HS posses the cash to develop a HiRes unit. Shame really. If they can manage to tweak the resolution to enable better daylight viewing, I'm sold.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I waited for a successor to my Treo270c quite some time. I am currently testing a Palm Tungsten W and I just love it! The only problem: no Bluetooth and no mic/speaker, so for voice I need to use the headset, but normally I use my old SonyZ5 for voice and my Treo mostly for data...
    Maybe the Samsung SGH-i500 will allow me to just carry one device with me all the time!
    craigdts:

How does the screen compare to hi-res screens like the Zire 71, Tungsten W, Clie, etc?

Thanks.
    While you're killing time, you might want to cut out a piece of paper approximately 2 x 4 1/2 and hold it in your hand to get a good feel for the size of the Treo 600.

And if you have more time, make it three dimensional by getting a piece of 1/2 inch thick material (foam, plywood, etc.) and cut it to 2 x 4 1/2. I think you'll be stunned at the size change.

The current 300 screen is about 2" wide, and the description says the new screen goes right to the edges. By those calculations, the screen size will only shrink slightly. Which unfortunately makes me nervous about the 160 X 160. But the hands on reviewers say the screen is impressive, so we'll see.

Thanks again to everyone. And Scott, we're ready for the second version of the full color mockup!

Cluemeister
    I've gotta believe that (especially with camera capabilities) that there will be a Treo "700" or another model that will have a higher res screen. Treo should continue to have a line-up of models and screen res is a great way to differentiate them.

For example, I'd swap lower screen res for more battery life. I like hi-res (of course, but life is about trade-offs isn't it?), but for most of what I use the Treo for, 160x160 is just fine.

Similarly, I believe that GSM will come, too. The growth in phones is in the rest of the world (not the US market).

In these shows, manufacturers want to wow the press, but usually leave something open for speculation or for an additional "wow" closer to launch time.

That's my humble opinion.
    parenthetical guy
    merged threads. Scott, Can I post your mockup on the front?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  15.    #235  
    If you guys will go to the Palm.com website, there's a picture of the new team running the show for Palmspring, and I <think> Jeff is holding a Treo600. Maybe some graphics wizards on this board can do some magic.
    Check it out!!
    This may have already been discussed, but it seems like the Treo 600 will be capable of using Sprint's picture and video sharing technology. Sprint advertises that technology on TV....and it's the latest and greatest for consumers.

Has anyone heard about HS talks with RIM lately? I remember reading something about that months ago. I was hoping for a push-email solution in future Treos.
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

<a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
    See www.palm.com for the news
    Originally posted by nrosser
    If you guys will go to the Palm.com website, there's a picture of the new team running the show for Palmspring, and I <think> Jeff is holding a Treo600. Maybe some graphics wizards on this board can do some magic.
    Check it out!!
    If that is indeed it, oh my goodness is it tiny!
    The credit goes to Nrosser, Craigdts, Treopolis and (Marcus for the blow up).

THIS IS A GREAT ONE!!!

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/229-1.htm

And here is a mock up (not real) link from Scott R, looks decent!

http://goodthatway.com/temp/treo_new6c.jpg
    Last edited by HAPPY$BOBBY$; 06/04/2003 at 04:14 PM.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    If that is indeed it, oh my goodness is it tiny!
    doesn't look like what he has in hand has a kb.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.