1.    #1  
    I have had my TREO for 8 months and it has performed flawlessly. I subscribe to Skyguide-airline schedules. I download the airline schedules once a month and did so this morning. I have been trying futilly to hotsync and am unable. In the middle of each hot sync attempt I get the -"illegal operation" message. I have changed absolutely nothing. I have not added any applications in at least 6 months and as I say it has been working super. As an aside the little palm hotsync icon that used to appear n my tool bar at the bottom right of my desktop is not there. How do I get that to reappear? thanks.
    I'm not sure why you are not getting the airline schedules, it just might be a server problem so you might just wait a while. Try disabling that particular sync process by going to the Palm Desktop and choosing Custom from the HotSync menu. Go down the list until you see your airline schedule program. You might recover your system tray icon by just rebooting, or you can again go to the Palm Desktop/HotSync pulldown and choose Settings/Always Available.

Originally posted by jfscars48
    I have had my TREO for 8 months and it has performed flawlessly. I subscribe to Skyguide-airline schedules. I download the airline schedules once a month and did so this morning. I have been trying futilly to hotsync and am unable. In the middle of each hot sync attempt I get the -"illegal operation" message. I have changed absolutely nothing. I have not added any applications in at least 6 months and as I say it has been working super. As an aside the little palm hotsync icon that used to appear n my tool bar at the bottom right of my desktop is not there. How do I get that to reappear? thanks.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I wil try that.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by copernicus
    I'm not sure why you are not getting the airline schedules, it just might be a server problem so you might just wait a while. Try disabling that particular sync process by going to the Palm Desktop and choosing Custom from the HotSync menu. Go down the list until you see your airline schedule program. You might recover your system tray icon by just rebooting, or you can again go to the Palm Desktop/HotSync pulldown and choose Settings/Always Available.

I am all squarred away as of this moment and I cannot tell you exactly how it was fixed. One hour with a VERY, VERY sharp SPRINT Vision tech rep did the trick. I did, however, go to the palm desktop and looked for the Skyguide in the Hotsync menu. It is not there. The only thing there are the 4 basic apps, memo pad, address etc and a couple other deals. Thanks again.