1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had this problem? I've searched and searched and can not find a post about this.

I can not get 3 way calling to work at all. I can call 2 people, but can not conference them together. When I try, the active caller gets put on hold and I get the 2nd caller. If I try again then I get the voice of the 1st, and the 2nd can hear me... But they can not hear each other. There seems to be no way to actually get a working 3 way call.

The call waiting issue that I have is 2 fold. When I'm on a call and another one comes in if I answer it, then disconnect it I do not always get the 1st caller back. The phone just hangs up on them. I know you have to wait for the phone to bring them back. Some times it does work, some times it does not.

The other part of the issue is, if I have the lid closed and ignore an incoming call, while on a call the incoming call stays active as long as I'm with the first caller. There seems to be no way to drop the 2nd call with out answering it. When I do disconnect with the first call, be it 1 minute or an hour later the phone automatically switched to the long ago disconnected 2nd call, which is usually the rapid dead line beep. Which incidentally also keeps additional calls from coming in.

Those issues plus the lack of any SMS other than web sms support is why my local sprint store offered to "Upgrade" me to the i330. I told them the only phone I would consider "Upgrading" to us the i500, which they will not do.

Has anyone seen this happen to them? Other than just a few small things I really love this phone! I hope the replacement comes out soon, and it keeps the keyboard!
    Thanks
    I had the 3 way problem, and last week posted on here and someone told me how it works for them, it also works for me, so here goes:

Call first person, tell person you're putting them on hold, put them on hold.

Then go to your address book (don't select 2nd call or anything, just goto your address book), and select a contact. Click on the contact and a prmpt will say dial 2nd call. Say 'Yes' and then wait for it to ring, and then hit the 3 way button. Only hit the 3 way after it's started ringing.
    if you can figure out the call waiting issue....wow, i'd be happy.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by BrianV
    I had the 3 way problem, and last week posted on here and someone told me how it works for them, it also works for me, so here goes:

Call first person, tell person you're putting them on hold, put them on hold.

Then go to your address book (don't select 2nd call or anything, just goto your address book), and select a contact. Click on the contact and a prmpt will say dial 2nd call. Say 'Yes' and then wait for it to ring, and then hit the 3 way button. Only hit the 3 way after it's started ringing.
    Hey, Thanks BrianV, I'll give that a shot this weekend and see if it works. I was initiating the 2nd call the way it says to in the manual... You know, hitting the 2nd call button. Go figure. I'll do the look up from my address book and see what happens...

No word on the Call waiting thing... Sprint just keeps saying, it does what? They tell me, well you have to wait for the 1st call to come back. How long should I be waiting? 10 minutes? Shesh... The Sprint stores solution, well... here we'll swap the Treo for a i330. Like that will really work any better! Please!!!
    hmmm, caller ID issue. One thing I've noticed is that when I'm on call #1, then call #2 comes in and I answer the 2nd call, it automatically puts #1 on hold to speak with #2. I also noticed that if I hit the hang up button on #2 it also sometimes disconnects #1, sometimes the phone just rings back immediately and I answer. It's caller #1 again and they didn't now what happened, they just thought they were still on hold.

What I have found that seems to eliminate disconnecting #1 when I tap hang up on #2 is....hit the swap button instead of the hang up button. Let caller #2 disconnect on their end and the network will release that call. Yes your screen will still show that caller #2 is still on hold, but they are not, they are gone. If you need to dial 3 way, just flip to the address book and tap a #, it will stil dial out. I also still seem to get additional callers on the 2nd line despite the fact my screen say the previous caller is still on hold. For some reason I just think the screen doesn't refresh or something.

I hope that makes sense. Quick recap...When call #1 is on hold while you talk to #2, hit swap when done with #2 and let them disconnect. I've never had an issue where they stayed connected. Again, your screen will state that #2 is still on hold but ignore that.

As far as the lid closed issue. I'm not familiar with that one. I normally have my flip open when using a headset since the Treo clips to my dashboard and I can easily tap buttons. I don't normally use my headset outside of the car. I'll test that out this weekend and see what I can find out.

edit on call waiting, it could suck if both callers are on a Treo and using the same theory of "let the other end disconnect, I'm just hitting swap". Then both parties would put each other on hold and the 2nd lines would stay open. Only way to fix that is to hit the hang up button and hope #1 rings back to you.
    Originally posted by ferrarinu

The Sprint stores solution, well... here we'll swap the Treo for a i330. Like that will really work any better! Please!!!
    Which Sprint store are you going to? I find some Sprint stores are really good and knowledgeable, and some are not. It can really make a difference.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Boodles

Which Sprint store are you going to? I find some Sprint stores are really good and knowledgeable, and some are not. It can really make a difference.
    It's the store off 1325 in Round Rock. I bought my Treo in that store, most of them still don't know what the i500 is.
    How about the one at Capital of Texas (loop 360) Stonelake Blvd? You know the one in the complex were Whole Foods is at near Best Buy? I have been there once and they were packed. Anyone been there?
    Matt