1.    #1  
    Can you still send e-mail from Eudora or Snappermail on your Treo 300 if you have an e-mail account other than user@sprintpcs.com?

I configured both Eudora and Snappermail (trial version) for my Juno e-mail from info provided on this forum (Sprint CS was no help). I was able to send and receive for a few days and all of a sudden the send portion stopped working about 3 days ago.

On Snapper I'm getting the send error:
    SMTP Rcpt To: command failed
    5305.7.1 Relaying not allowed

On Eudora I'm getting the send error:
    An address has error:
    5.7.1.500 Not Allowed:

I can receive mail on both Snapper and Eudora just fine but can't send. What good is that?

If I configure both send and receive to Sprint's POP and SMTP server then I can send and receive.

So the big question is WHY? Is Spring doing this on purpose? What good will it do them other than to **** off and lose customers? I've had my Juno e-mail address for years and not willing to change my e-mail address to Sprint just yet.

E-mail and web access is the main reason I bought the Treo.
    Fortunately this debacle happened before my 14 day trial period is over. I think I'm going to the Sprint store tomorrow and return it.
    Take a look just a few posts down and there's a thread about this. I posted a solution that is working for now. Why it works, I don't know, but it does.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Can you still send e-mail from Eudora or Snappermail on your Treo 300 if you have an e-mail account other than user@sprintpcs.com?

I configured both Eudora and Snappermail (trial version) for my Juno e-mail from info provided on this forum (Sprint CS was no help). I was able to send and receive for a few days and all of a sudden the send portion stopped working about 3 days ago.

On Snapper I'm getting the send error:
    SMTP Rcpt To: command failed
    5305.7.1 Relaying not allowed

On Eudora I'm getting the send error:
    An address has error:
    5.7.1.500 Not Allowed:

I can receive mail on both Snapper and Eudora just fine but can't send. What good is that?

If I configure both send and receive to Sprint's POP and SMTP server then I can send and receive.

So the big question is WHY? Is Spring doing this on purpose? What good will it do them other than to **** off and lose customers? I've had my Juno e-mail address for years and not willing to change my e-mail address to Sprint just yet.

E-mail and web access is the main reason I bought the Treo.
    Fortunately this debacle happened before my 14 day trial period is over. I think I'm going to the Sprint store tomorrow and return it.
    Yes this has already been talked about this past week. Simply change your outgoing mail to you@sprintpcs.com and leave your reply to address the same.

Spring wants to migrate people to its own servers I suppose.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
  4.    #4  
    utey. my outgoing is set to me@sprintpcs.com and I can't send.. I was able to send a few days ago. something happened. You mean you cab still send on Juno?.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    utey. my outgoing is set to me@sprintpcs.com and I can't send.. I was able to send a few days ago. something happened. You mean you cab still send on Juno?.
    I use snappermail. I edited my accounts. Under Info make sure you use your pcsvisionname@sprintpcs.com for your e-mail address.

I know this works for me I just tested it. I do not use Juno though. However I don't see why it would not work.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    What is the Sprint POP and SMTP address?