1.    #1  
    Do i have to install my downloaded software again if i had to do a hard reset?

thank You
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Originally posted by HAPPY$BOBBY$
    Do i have to install my downloaded software again if i had to do a hard reset?

thank You
    No - just do a selective restore from backup.

Or, you can go to your Backup Folder, and just start double-clicking on every piece of software you want re-installed, and they will all be added to your Install List in HotSync and placed back on your Treo on your next synch. If you hadn't yet backed up, you will probably still find each one in your Downloads folder, and can do the same from there.

(And for the future I would recommend replacing the standard Backup conduit with BackupBuddy for an even more complete archive.)

Regards,

NateS
    Last edited by NateS; 05/27/2003 at 01:26 AM.
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    forget backup buddy. syncall is free!!
    Originally posted by 003oret
    forget backup buddy. syncall is free!!
    same for filez
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    I did a couple of hard resets a while back, and all my apps came back automatically, I did have to reactivate my hacks, but everything else reinstalled, even with the registration codes. I don't use filez or syncall, or Backup Buddy. My buddy Dan Harkless and I debated this on another thread a while back, but what was interesting to me was that this behavior of it ALL coming back was not what I had experienced on my previous Palm devices, all with essentially the SAME apps. So - even tho Dan disagrees, I have a suspicion that Handspring has improved the restore capabilities of the desktop.
    But - since some of those restore programs are free, you might give them a shot anyway. Can't hurt.
    actually, i agree, even before i used filez, i had a hard reset crash while on the road, and just went to my laptop, did a normal sync and everything came back. still, as you say, since filez is free, i still back up everything occasionally. couldn't hoit
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  7.    #7  
    OK
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    Originally posted by aarons12
    actually, i agree, even before i used filez, i had a hard reset crash while on the road, and just went to my laptop, did a normal sync and everything came back. still, as you say, since filez is free, i still back up everything occasionally. couldn't hoit
    How do you use Filez as part of your backup procedure?
    I have it but hadn't thought to use it for that purpose.
    Do you use it to go through the whole list and turn on the backup bit for every item? Or is there a "select all"?

If I already have Backup Buddy is that necessary?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!