1.    #1  
    Version 3.4 of TreoJogKeyShorts (TJKS) is now available at:

http://sf.net/projects/rwhitby

Changes from version 2.5 to version 3.4:

1/ Completed the Treo 90 ToDo and Datebook application support.

2/ Fixed a bug in ToDo checkbox and priority keyboard shortcuts.

3/ Added Jog-push support in the Memo List and Edit views.

4/ Added Jog-dial support in the SMS Alert Dialogs.

5/ Complete code restructure (now loads only the relevant application
    support code on each application switch, instead of always having all
    application support code loaded). This should allow an unlimited
    number of applications to be supported (given time and effort for
    someone to write the support code for each). Note that this now
    requires TJKS to reset after installation.

6/ Added more support in the Call History and Call Details views.

7/ Added keyboard shortcuts in the General Preferences Panel.

8/ Shortcut highlights are now permanently enabled.

9/ Added keyboard shortcuts in the SelectOneTime dialog. Added
    shortcut highlights in the TimeSelector form and the DateSelector
    form.

10/ Added Menu+Space shortcut in Datebook for moving to the previous
    view.

11/ Added more shortcuts in the Datebook views (especially the week view).

-- Rod
    Rod,
    I just installed the latest version using X-Master. This is the only hack I have installed on my 300. I do have PowerJog installed. When I turn on wireless mode, some kind of error message flashes at the upper left corner of the screen. A similar message flashes when I turn wireless off. What little I can read of the message looks like "f:Hsh:12AC" or something similar. I haven't noticed any loss of functionality or other conflicts.

Zane
    Rod purposely put those messages there to help him associate any programs that this app may conflict with, should you have any. You have to remember that this is still a beta app.
    Last edited by millerhifi; 05/26/2003 at 07:34 PM.
  4.    #4  
    These indicators are there to help me identify the set of situations where switching between applications happens behind the scenes. TJKS needs to identify these situations to be able to perform the right shortcuts in the right forms.

When alerts pop up that are not connected with the current application (e.g. an alarm when you're not in the datebook already, or an SMS when you're not in the SMS application), you will now see a little indicator flash up at the top of the form. It will look like:

"F: date 07D0"

You should not see any more of these until you exit that form, at which time you should see:

"f: XXXX 0000" where "XXXX" is the CreatorId of the application you came from (and will be going back to).

[For SMS it will be SMSh and a different number, but you get the idea.]

The "F" means "DrawForm" and the "f" means "EraseForm" (it's a mnemonic for me).

Also, there's one more debugging trick. In any form, push and hold these three keys in order: Shift+Menu+Space. This will pop up an indicator to show which application and form TJKS currently thinks it's in. If you think TJKS has got confused, push these keys and let me know if they are saying something weird (i.e. a different CreatorId than the application you are in). You can safely push these keys at any time to just have a look.

Once the majority of these situations have been identified and found to work correctly, then I'll remove the code which flashes the indicators. I'll probably leave the debugging key sequence in for in-the-field debugging.

-- Rod
    Thanks for the info, Rod. And thanks for making the Treo easier to use.

Zane
    I too was curious about that flash, and now it's solved (I had gone so far as to deactivate TJKS, just to be safe). Now it's back on again..
    Thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm evaluating SnapperMail and noticed that it crashes with the following error message when I try going to the General Preferences screen:

"Form.c, Line: 1728, Object not in form"

This goes away when I disable TreoJogKeyShorts (latest version).
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm evaluating SnapperMail and noticed that it crashes with the following error message when I try going to the General Preferences screen:

9.    #9  
    Originally posted by rfg17

Thanks for the bug report. Exactly which version of SnapperMail ?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Originally posted by rwhitby

Thanks for the bug report. Exactly which version of SnapperMail ?
    Let me start off by saying that I'm most appreciative of the development efforts behind TreoJogKeyShorts - the hack makes my Treo 300 much more usable.

I seem to have tripped on a minor issue - when TreoJogKeyShorts is active and I press the left most hard button (with the phone pictured) 4 times it should show the "Call History" screen - instead on the 4th press it looks like it attempts to beam my contacts as a "Beam" dialog box pops up with the message "Preparing: All". Even if I disable all other hacks I get the same result.

Can someone else confirm that this occurs on their Treo too?

thanks ....... fm
    Version 3.4 of TreoJogKeyShorts (TJKS) is now available at:

http://sf.net/projects/rwhitby

Changes from version 2.5 to version 3.4:

1/ Completed the Treo 90 ToDo and Datebook application support.

2/ Fixed a bug in ToDo checkbox and priority keyboard shortcuts.

3/ Added Jog-push support in the Memo List and Edit views.

4/ Added Jog-dial support in the SMS Alert Dialogs.

5/ Complete code restructure (now loads only the relevant application
    support code on each application switch, instead of always having all
    application support code loaded). This should allow an unlimited
    number of applications to be supported (given time and effort for
    someone to write the support code for each). Note that this now
    requires TJKS to reset after installation.

6/ Added more support in the Call History and Call Details views.

7/ Added keyboard shortcuts in the General Preferences Panel.

8/ Shortcut highlights are now permanently enabled.

9/ Added keyboard shortcuts in the SelectOneTime dialog. Added
    shortcut highlights in the TimeSelector form and the DateSelector
    form.

10/ Added Menu+Space shortcut in Datebook for moving to the previous
    view.

11/ Added more shortcuts in the Datebook views (especially the week view).

-- Rod
    Does #10 conflict with TreoKeyboardUtils?
    I really enjoy TreoJogKeyShorts v3.4, it makes the jog dial so much friendlier! I'm running Launcher X, and TJKS allows me to use the jog dial to switch between categories and also choose individual apps within them. The Call History added functionality for the phone button is also much appreciated.

However, I lose functionality if I also activate JogDialHack and/or JogEverythingHack. Also, I get the fatal alert message "Form.c, Line: 1728, Object not in form" when I'm playing Verdi or PilOth (both are Othello freeware games) and I make an invalid move. This disappears if I deactivate TJKS.
    Originally posted by fmastr
    My 180 still goes to Call History. BTW, I didn't know pushing the button 4 times took you there. Thanks for the tip.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by rfg17

I've been able to reproduce this. Will post the fix here when it's ready.

-- Rod
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by fmastr
    Let me start off by saying that I'm most appreciative of the development efforts behind TreoJogKeyShorts - the hack makes my Treo 300 much more usable.

I seem to have tripped on a minor issue - when TreoJogKeyShorts is active and I press the left most hard button (with the phone pictured) 4 times it should show the "Call History" screen - instead on the 4th press it looks like it attempts to beam my contacts as a "Beam" dialog box pops up with the message "Preparing: All". Even if I disable all other hacks I get the same result.

thanks ....... fm
    I've not had anyone else report this problem (which may just mean that you're the first to find it), and I can't reproduce it on my 270. Is it repeatable every time ? Does it matter how quickly you push the buttons (e.g. try it with a longer period - say 2 seconds - between each push). The "Beam" dialog box you're seeing is what happens if you hit Menu-J, so I don't see how TJKS is triggering that.

-- Rod
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Does #10 conflict with TreoKeyboardUtils?
    You're right. Looks like Menu+Space is a bad choice, as it conflicts with TreoKeyboardUtils (and it can't be changed in TreoKeyboardUtils).

So I'll look into changing it to Menu+..., as at least you can tell TreoKeyboardUtils not to use that key.

-- Rod
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by sugarbaare
    I really enjoy TreoJogKeyShorts v3.4, it makes the jog dial so much friendlier! I'm running Launcher X, and TJKS allows me to use the jog dial to switch between categories and also choose individual apps within them. The Call History added functionality for the phone button is also much appreciated.

However, I lose functionality if I also activate JogDialHack and/or JogEverythingHack. Also, I get the fatal alert message "Form.c, Line: 1728, Object not in form" when I'm playing Verdi or PilOth (both are Othello freeware games) and I make an invalid move. This disappears if I deactivate TJKS.
    As for JogDialHack and JogEverythingHack, do you mean that you loose functionality from those programs, or do you loose TJKS functionality ?

-- Rod
  19.    #19  
    BTW, for those people reporting bugs (especially crashes), please email me directly at software.treojogkeyshorts@rwhitby.net (as listed in the README.txt file) rather than, or as well as, reporting it in this forum.

Not only will it get to me quicker (I read email more often than this forum), but I will then be able to email you a fixed version as soon as it's ready so you can verify the problem is really fixed before I release the new version to the forum.

Anyone who wants to be on the beta testers list, just drop me an email and I'll add you. Donating is another way to get added to the beta list :-D

Thanks!

-- Rod

As for JogDialHack and JogEverythingHack, do you mean that you loose functionality from those programs, or do you loose TJKS functionality ?

-- Rod
    With JogDialHack and JogEverythingHack activated and TJKS deactivated, my 270 acts as though there are no jog dial hacks whatsoever. These two hack seem to work individually (i.e. with one on, the other off, and TJKS off) and also when all three are on.