Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know! I've had my Treo 300 for about a month and the volume has always been good and remarkably louder than my old 270 in both handset and speakerphone mode. I was very satisfied with the speaker up until yesterday when in the middle of a conversation I noticed a drop in volume. Since then my Treo's speaker has been sucky. The volume is low, and when I switch it to speakerphone just to make it loud enough to hear, the sound is distorted like it's too loud, but it's not! Even the ringers which come out through the same speaker is distorted. Did I blow out my handset like how an audio speaker gets blown out? Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix or do I need to contact Sprint for a new one? Thanks y'all!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Nevermind. Today for no apparent reason, my phone's speaker returned to normal volume. This whole weekend I could barely hear anything, including my phone ringing (missed a lot of calls since the ringtone comes out of that speaker), but now it all seems a-okay. Strange ain't it? Maybe it went on vacation for the holiday weekend. Anyway, if anyone has experienced this, let me know I'm not alone. I just hope this doesn't happen anymore or else I'll have to just have my Treo "stolen" and replaced.
    I have noticed on occasion my volume will seem to turn itself down on it's own. Granted I could be bumping the jog dial, but it doesn't seem likely. All I have to do it turn it back up when it happens.

The other thing I've noticed and I'm on my 2nd treo. Both have had the same behavior, but that's not why I have gone though 2 treo's with Sprint offering to upgrade me to the I330 which I refused... My lab at work is not really loud, but it does have a lot of background noise. A lot of the time I miss phone calls because I don't hear them. Other times the ringer seems to be pretty loud. The phone is in the Handspring pouch on my belt. This could be something like your seeing. That's my largest complaint with the phone. They really need an external ringer on the next version of the phone.