1.    #1  
    For some reason, whenever I try to sync avantgo wirelessly via vision, it fails. The synchronization starts alright but then hangs up on the very last stage when its says "Saving updated webpages". Avantgo manages to save 1-5 webpages and then for some reason it just freezes or times out with the connection being dropped. There are no error messages displayed. However if I try to sync Avantgo via normal hotsync to pc, then Avantgo updates with no problems. I've also gone to Avantgo website under advanced controls and "cleared channel cache" as well as "Clear cookies" and "Clear authentication info". However none of these steps enabled me to sync Avantgo wirelessly via vision...

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Yep, I see the same thing. When it hangs I simply cancel and try again. It usually works the second go round.
    I've run into the same problem. Try this:
    Go to Server Preferences/Settings/ and check off "Refresh all Content."
    That should get it, but it takes a bit longer than when it works as it should.

Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    For some reason, whenever I try to sync avantgo wirelessly via vision, it fails. The synchronization starts alright but then hangs up on the very last stage when its says "Saving updated webpages". Avantgo manages to save 1-5 webpages and then for some reason it just freezes or times out with the connection being dropped. There are no error messages displayed. However if I try to sync Avantgo via normal hotsync to pc, then Avantgo updates with no problems. I've also gone to Avantgo website under advanced controls and "cleared channel cache" as well as "Clear cookies" and "Clear authentication info". However none of these steps enabled me to sync Avantgo wirelessly via vision...

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by copernicus; 05/24/2003 at 10:50 AM.
    I have the same problem and have unchecked 'Refresh All Content' yet that still doesn't do it. Sometimes a sync will still work. Frankly, I think this has to do with the signal strength. The AvantGo Sync software might be terrible at reconnecting to sites that are lost due to a poor signal. Unfortatunlty, I only get slightly better results with 4 bars of signal strength, as opposed to 1.
  5.    #5  
    Ditto here. I've unchecked and re-check "refreah all content" as well as clearing all my channels and etc, but it been to no avail... Interestingly I can access the wireles avango browser just fine, but I can't sync my channels wireless via vision? Its getting to be very annoying! Are there any alternative Avantgo server setiings one could try to get this to work?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 05/24/2003 at 09:39 PM.
    hmmm. I haven't synched wirelessly in a while but do remember getting consistantly better results by refreshing all content. Before doing that, I remember having tried and failed at syncing many times (hours). At times, the syncing process also froze at the beginning of saving pages even with the refresh setting, but eventually I was able to hack it to the point that it worked. I was also able to repeat successful syncs clearly more consistantly with the refresh option checked (my impression at the time). Perhaps it was just coincidence -- maybe sometimes it hung on an unrelated issue and sometimes it didn't. The problem for me was that it took so long that I eventually quit using wireless sync alltogether. I posted on the subject several months ago, but was unable to really get to the bottom of it all.
    Last edited by copernicus; 05/25/2003 at 12:06 AM.