1.    #1  
    After trying to call out without success tonight, I re-booted my Treo, and immediately received a voice mail indicator plus five SMS messages.

Yes, the phone looked like it was connected to the Sprint Network for the past 48 hours, and would even surf the internet properly, but the non-data/PCS Vision side, including calls/SMS/voice mail indications, was clearly not functioning.

I had over five voicemails waiting, all related to new job opportunities. (Did I mention I am recently telecom-unemployed, and that I needed these calls to secure food?)

Re-boot frequently!
    Yeah also according to info from these boards, there seems to be a problem with a lack caller ID that is only fixed with a soft reset. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $this$ $is$ $mainly$ $due$ $to$ $some$ $bug$ $within$ $Sprint$'$s$ $network$...
  3.    #3  
    I would pay for an app that automatically initiated a soft-reset at a fixed time/interval. Maybe reset automatically at 3am each day, to clear out the cobwebs?...
    Originally posted by wilme2
    I would pay for an app that automatically initiated a soft-reset at a fixed time/interval. Maybe reset automatically at 3am each day, to clear out the cobwebs?...
    Automatic soft resets? I'm not sure that's such a good idea IMHO... In any case, I don't think there's any one specifc app that will do this...however I wonder if there is a possible work around.

Anyway, I know you can use macros to schedule automatic functions on your Treo. Thus what if you download Soft Reset which is a freeware utility that does a soft reset by tapping the button and you also download MacroPlay which is an app that allows you to make macros to do repitive tasks easily with the assigning of a single button? In this case, I was wondering if it would be possible to schedule a macro to run automatically to execute the Soft Reset app itself?! I personally have not used Macrplay before, so i do not know if it is possible to make a macro to activate an app like this. I was wondering if anyone else with more experience with this app could shed some light on the subject? From the description of MacroPlay it does appear possible to do so....

Any thoughts?