1.    #1  
    Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to PDANet? A friend of mine has a Kyocera 7135 through Verizon, and it came bundled with software to do the same thing. I just think $35 is a bit steep for this software, and was wondering if anyone had stumbled across an alternative.

I've seen 'Wireless Modem' but it only supports a serial connection for PC's.

I think this is a great feature, and will probably end up buying PDANet if I can't find an alternative. Just trying to check everything out before I plunk down the $$.

Thanks in advance!
    You mean FREE alternative? Nope... You gotta pay dude.
    If you can afford to buy a PC and/or laptop plus a Treo, then certainly you can afford to pay $35 for a piece of software for which you have a need.

Originally posted by PalmDoc
    Hello,

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to PDANet? A friend of mine has a Kyocera 7135 through Verizon, and it came bundled with software to do the same thing. I just think $35 is a bit steep for this software, and was wondering if anyone had stumbled across an alternative.

I've seen 'Wireless Modem' but it only supports a serial connection for PC's.

I think this is a great feature, and will probably end up buying PDANet if I can't find an alternative. Just trying to check everything out before I plunk down the $$.

Thanks in advance!
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Actually today I ran into the same issue. I logged on ready to pay for PDAnet thinking it was $20 or so. It was more. So I didn't get it. I just don't use it enough to justify. In fact, I had used it once during the trial period. Oh well. Great piece of software, just not for me!
    The prices of treo software are outrageous. A lot of their feature I had to buy, in small separate programs, should have been include with the Treo, or bundle together at a cheaper price.

Feature Handspring should have included

SMS $19.95 "You can receive SMS but not send them, all Vision phone allow you to send SMS for free"

? $ 7.00 "A program to turn the phone on after reset, this is just plain stupid"

Palmnet $35.00 "Which all sprint "Vision and none Vision" phones offer for free, with the purchase of a USB connection kit, but the treo has it's own USB connection kit"

Email $15.00-30 "You offer Web access, but now email, they could have at least included a low quality version with no features"

Ringer Player $10.00 "I will pay for the songs, but pay extra for the ability to play them, which come free on all Vision phones"

I paid a total of 60+

Paying for the most expensive sprint phone they had at the time, I expect to get the best phone, with all the best feature.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Actually today I ran into the same issue. I logged on ready to pay for PDAnet thinking it was $20 or so. It was more. So I didn't get it. I just don't use it enough to justify. In fact, I had used it once during the trial period. Oh well. Great piece of software, just not for me!
    Ditto!
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ClarenceCM3
    [B]The prices of treo software are outrageous. A lot of their feature I had to buy, in small separate programs, should have been include with the Treo, or bundle together at a cheaper price.
    I second that. I understand price must be set higher considering the small target market, but too much is too much. I agree Sprint and HS should have included some basic software.
    dude, you're talking about internet acces for a one time $35 fee?! i'd rather pay that, then a monthly fee for dial up at half the speed. and you can surf wirelessly! I'd say that 99% of treo owners pay the $10 a month for vision anyway...
    Originally posted by 003oret
    dude, you're talking about internet acces for a one time $35 fee?! i'd rather pay that, then a monthly fee for dial up at half the speed. and you can surf wirelessly! I'd say that 99% of treo owners pay the $10 a month for vision anyway...
    Considering the product's TOS compliance is dubious at best, and the fact that (as I said) I used it once in the month previous, it doesn't even come close to being worth it. Please don't play big brother and tell me what is best for me.
    I was trying to use it yesterday and a funny thing happened. I had gone over my trial time. (trial must be based on days rather than usage because I haven't used it that much) Anyways maybe you guys are aware that after the trial, a message pops up about every 30 seconds. At first the message did a good job and after about 8 or 9 times of clicking continue demo I went to the webpage. While trying to register that darn screen kept popping up while I was entering my information and CC numbers. That annoyance along with the price gave me enough time to rethink the purchase and I just decided to wait. Had it cut me off completly and forced me to purchase right there I would have. Go figure. I'm sure I will end up buying it later anyways but it didn't happen yesterday.