1.    #1  
    Jeff at Targus Customer Service told me that the Universal Wireless Keyboard will be shipping +/- 6/6/03. I have owned 3 or 4 of the Stowaways for various Visor/Palm products, and they are a great company.

Hopefully, the IR and Universal nature of this keyboard will make it my last for a while. Order now, and you can also use one keyboard for your entire PDA family inventory.
    Invest in Education; the future return grossly exceeds anything else. You can lose your car or your house, but not your degree.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Actually I was able to purchase the Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard at Best Buy last week.

So far I like it better than the other keyboards tha I have tried with the Treo 300.

Pros
    Built in stand holds the Treo with the lid either open or closed, and no problem making a connection.

Keyboard is easier to use touch typing unlike the pocketop one.

Plenty of function keys to bring programs up on the Treo.

Has not caused a crash yet either.

Cons
    Space bar is lacking on the left side, keep hitting the empty space there.

Shift key on right is easy to miss as well.
    I just got the Targus Universal Keyboard at Best Buy also. I think the lack of a continuous or large enough space bar is going to be a big problem. The space bar is separated into two buttons with a solid block between them. Unfortunately the block is exactly where my right thumb is when I'm typing and looking for the space bar. I'll give it a try for awhile to see if my hand adjusts to the right a little where the space bar is located. If not, back it goes.

Also, my Treo 300 is a bit wobbly on the stand.

I take it there's no way to program the buttons on the right, only the number buttons + Alt.
    Has anyone tried the Pocketop wireless keyboard with their TREO 300? The web page indictes it is compatible with Treo but does not indicate what models
    Well, I ended up returning the Targus Universal Keyboard two days after I bought it. The space bar was too big an impediment to overcome. Too bad, because I love the Targus keyboard that I still use with my Visor.

If Targus redesigns the Universal, I'll give it another try.
    anyone try the targus with a Treo 270? Or is it essentially same as treo 300?
    thanks
    Ken
    Can anyone who has used the Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard tell me if its driver supports the Dvorak keyboard layout?

I know that the driver for the Stowaway keyboard (made by Think Outside) supports Dvorak but, alas, they aren't making a Treo-compatible keyboard.

Thanks,
    -Seth
    I just looked at my driver and don't see any way to change the layout.

Geoffrey
    thanks, geoffrey.

i guess i'll hold out a little longer and see if think outside makes a keyboard compatible with the new treo 600.

-seth
    Has anyone tested the keyboard on a Treo? Thanks in advance for any info.

~Jessi~
    Sorry for sounding like a wiseass, but since this is a Treo board and some of us have it, I think the answer is yes. You might want to do a search and read what some of us have written already.

Geoffrey
    LOL!!! You aren't a wiseass. I'm a complete dumbass who was obviously on crack when I wrote that post. What I meant to say was has anyone tested the keyboard on a Treo 90? Once again thanks in advance for any info.

~Jessi~
    Just an FYI that I found the current driver version for OS 3.5 devices is 1.20 and can be downloaded from here.

Here are the release notes for versions after 1.02:

V1.20: - Added support for packet-ized IrDA frame. Driver completely ignores all
    incoming bytes XBOF (7F/FF), BOF (40/C0), CE (7D/FD) and EOF (41/C1).
    File Affected: GetEvent.c
    - Added separate KeyTableXX.c files for localization and split the resources.
    File Affected: KeyTable.c, YourType.rsrc
    - Changed Alt+# programmable function keys to use scancodes instead of #'s.
    File Affected: GetEvent.c
    - Accented char methods
    - Translated buttons
    - Put COMMON GetEvent code sections in a GetEvtHlpr.c file

V1.04: - Added support for new Left Space key to support localization.

V1.03: - Corrected SelectAll and Undo bugs introduced in v1.01.

Geoffrey