1.    #1  
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but figured I would ask.

Is there any way to highlight an email address from your phonebook/contact list and transfer it directly to Snappermail? Obviously I could cut and paste, but it is a bit cumbersome.

This would be similar to where you drag a contact onto your Inbox in Outlook and it opens up a new message that is addressed to the chosen contact.

I have a Treo 300 and Snappermail and I'm trying out LauncherX.

Thanks,

JT
    There is a third party program called MarknDial that allows you to do this.

You can find more information about it under "products" at www.pdaapps.com
    Using Snapper, I've simply found it easiest to tap and hold on the "to" tab, and then a list of all the e-mail addresses in my contacts/phone book shows up. I then just scroll to the one I want.

Maybe not as elegant as you're looking for, but easier than cut and paste, at least for me.
    Originally posted by paulsjmail
    There is a third party program called MarknDial that allows you to do this.

You can find more information about it under "products" at www.pdaapps.com
    Don't think MnD will do that. Just for dialing phone numbers and creating new contacts. Never seen anything in their documentation about email addresses. If there is, love to know about it!
    Last edited by elysian9; 05/23/2003 at 03:13 PM.
  5.    #5  
    I wish MarknDial would do this, but I couldn't find it either.

pbryon, that's a good idea, you're right, it's certainly better than cut and paste. Just a different way of thinking about it.

I also posted this on the Snappermail board, if anyone there comes up with anything I'll post it here. Someone commented that they thought it might be part of an upcoming version.

JT
    Originally posted by elysian9

Don't think MnD will do that. Just for dialing phone numbers and creating new contacts. Never seen anyting in their documentation about email addresses. If there is, love to know about it!
    I am just confirming one more time that MarknDial does have this feature. The latest version of MarknDial and the latest version of Snappermail work well together in this regard.
    Originally posted by paulsjmail

I am just confirming one more time that MarknDial does have this feature. The latest version of MarknDial and the latest version of Snappermail work well together in this regard.
    It's true. Highlight an email address, then press menu button, then spacebar button, and the email address will be loaded into the "to" slot in Snappermail. Had no idea. Nice tip. Not mentioned in the MnD documentation, though.
    Last edited by elysian9; 05/23/2003 at 03:18 PM.
  8.    #8  
    paulsjmail,

That is a **great** find!! I had looked all over the documentation and I never would have stumbled on this.

MarknDial has to be one of the best bang for the buck Palm programs.

Thanks again, this will be a great help in my PocketPC -> Palm (re) transition.

JT
    If you've got a palm with a keyboard (I'm guessing you do since you're in a Treo forum), here's what I've found:

If I'm in Snappermail, and go to the to: field, and then hit the spacebar - I'm immediately whisked away to my address book, where I can simply search on a name by entering a few characters of their name, and then press enter. The address is automatically populated back into Snappermail.

Sounds about as easy as it could get, no?
    Toomer