1.    #1  
    Anyone have any feed back yet? Looks really cool and the price is right too. It says it's the first release and that makes me leary even though I am pretty sure it was in a beta form first (I hope LOL).
    Any feed back would be nice, regards, Matt Burkhard:shortcut:
    You'll probably also get a reply from Byron N, the guy who runs natara - he's a sometime-poster on this board. I am trying Comet - although I don't really have a need since I don't track my time or my calls, etc. I use their DayNotez software, and I wanted to see what new stuff Byron had going on.
    It's good, but it does add a sizable time to the HotSync, since the call log on the Treo has to sync over to the PC.
    I don't really NEED the app, so I'll probably punt it once the trial period runs out....
    I tried it and it worked fine. But I really don't have a need. If it was freeware, I'd keep it, but even at a low price, I won't pay for something that I really have no use for. Considering how little it does, I thought even the price they wanted was too much anyway.
    It is very useful, but not in its native form. What I do like is how it works together with DayNotez, since I don't really need to track all calls, just the important ones... So after I make or get that call, I hit the Comet icon and it starts a log entry in DayNotez with time and duration... and whatever I want to write in it. I guess what I am saying is that Comet should be incorporated as a fully integrated part of DayNotez or offered as freeware/bundle once you license DayNotez.
    I'm not sure who "Byron N" is, but I'll reply

Originally posted by nrosser
    It's good, but it does add a sizable time to the HotSync, since the call log on the Treo has to sync over to the PC.
    The time to sync is dependant on the number of entries you keep "un-archived" on your device. I myself only keep the past couple of months of entires on the Treo and let the rest be archived off to the desktop. The time to sync is quite reasonable. I wish we could have come up with a way to only sync "new" entries, but alas, since Comet is "stealing" data from another app, we don't have any way to enforce the "modified" bit on the call entries.

Originally posted by asianesq
    Comet should be incorporated as a fully integrated part of DayNotez or offered as freeware
    I think you'll find that the current implementation of the Comet stub on the Palm never really expires and will continue to work even if you don't stick with Comet itself. Enjoy!

It is very useful, but not in its native form.
    Care to elaboarte what you believe isn't useful in its native form?

Overall, I'm glad you were all able to try out Comet and evaluate it's usefulness without having to commit to buying it. That's the great thing about the "try-before-you-buy" way of providing products. We've had many users who find it quite useful, and I'm sure there are just as many who will find they don't have a need for it (but at least they can find that out easisly )
    Last edited by bnystrom; 05/23/2003 at 02:55 PM.
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Bryan/Byron - my bad. Sorry. <cough>
    Happens all the time. (I've been called much worse)
    I feel that Comet will definitely come in handy from time to time and was planning on registering it; but, I guess it's better to wait a while then.
    Originally posted by copernicus
    I guess it's better to wait a while then.
    What is it you are waiting for? Perhaps just something beyond the 1.0 release?
    Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    I got the impression somehow that you were still working on it. Am I missing something, or is the info on the desktop partially availabe on the handheld device? Thanks.
    The product is intended to be a Windows desktop application for viewing the call history log file from your Treo, with one of the main features being archival of records from the device. We do not currently have plans on providing the same information on the device itself. Comet allows you to sum up, group, sort, and export information from the already available call history log that you can see on the last "page" of the built in phone app.

The "Comet" stub/app that gets put on the device itself is really only there so that HotSync manager will run our conduit. Since we had to have something there anyway, a side benifit of the Comet stub is that if you have DayNotez installed on your Treo, the "stub" will create an entry in DayNotez that contains information about the last recorded phone call (taken out of the same Call History log file that the phone app created).

So no, we do not have any plans on enhancing what is provided (call log wise) on the Treo itself. Comet has always been a "Desktop app". Comet is targeted at desktop archival, summing, and viewing of that information. Any enhancements (besides maybe some fine tuning of the hotsync process) will be enhancements to the desktop app.
    Last edited by HAPPY$BOBBY$; 05/28/2003 at 12:07 PM.
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
    I went ahead and ponied up the big ten bucks - chicken feed, really. After closer examination of the desktop side, and thinking of the value of being able to archive the handheld call log, as well as being able to retain an essentially infinite record of ALL calls ever made via the Treo, I though 'why not'.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Originally posted by nrosser
    I went ahead and ponied up the big ten bucks - chicken feed, really. After closer examination of the desktop side, and thinking of the value of being able to archive the handheld call log, as well as being able to retain an essentially infinite record of ALL calls ever made via the Treo, I though 'why not'.
    Registered.