Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MacOSX 10.2.5 on TiBook.
    Chick Foxgrover
    Mac, G4 dual 1.4 , OS X 2.5
    win2k pro here...
    I have had no trouble synching my Treo 300 with my iMacs running OS 9.2.2 but what differences does it make?

The whole point of devices like the Treo is multi-platform convergence.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I've been using Mac OSX (since first public beta 3/01) on my iMac SE Graphite, iBook Tangerine (2 actually...). Although I've also been subjected to Win 3.1, 98SE, 2000 Pro, and XP on the job, I own Macs.
    BTW: I've got a 1986 Macintosh 512Ke in a box around here somewhere, and the screaming fast 1200 baud modem too. Ah, the heady dayz of GEnie, Compuserve and hordes of BBSs. Internet?? what's that??
    ALL YOUR PIXELS ARE BELONG TO US
    Commodore 64. You can't beat instant bootup!
    Okay...XP Pro now...the 64 is in the closet.
    TiBook 1GHz with Superdrive running Mac OS 10.2.6. I'm happy to see so many Mac users here. Sometimes I really find it hard to believe that we have <5% marketshare when everyone seems to own a Mac.

Also, you PeeCee guys don't know what you're missing until you've tried OS X.
    Originally posted by pixelsRZen
    . . .
    BTW: I've got a 1986 Macintosh 512Ke in a box around here somewhere, and the screaming fast 1200 baud modem too. Ah, the heady dayz of GEnie, Compuserve and hordes of BBSs. Internet?? what's that??
    Well, as long as we're digressing into reminiscence, my first Mac was a 128K bought within thirty days after their release in the first quarter of 1984. And my first modem was a 300 baud from Zoom Telephonics, a company which I believe grew out of the "blueboxers" like Captain Crunch. I believe that Zoom's first product was a non-computer tone-repeater which attached to your telephone and was called a "BusyBuster".

And I loved using a piece of Mac software called "Navigator" which, with one click, automatically dialed into CompuServe, posted your replies to previous posts in just the right places, and then downloaded new messages only from your selected forums and topics and then disconnected. It even had talking heads which appeared to mouth the words of the author of each message as you read it offline. And this was a big deal back in the days when we paid for every minute we were on line. It was slick!

While we were enjoying the future of computing, we had to endure constant taunts from the other (pre-Windows) side, who insisted that a mouse and "little clickable pictures" were for babies and that "real computer users" only used a command-line interface. (Just to spite them, I went backwards and taught myself DOS in three evenings, after they insisted that understanding abstract concepts like "directories" and writing batch files were daunting tasks requiring months of study.

Regards,

NateS
    Last edited by NateS; 05/26/2003 at 11:06 AM.
    Mac OS 10.2.6
    on a G4 PowerBook because I can and it doesn't crash.

I also have a beige Dell PC Pentium III that occationally ran Windoze 2k without crashing. I use it as a door stop now because I can't think of anything better to do with it.
  10.    #30  
    Synching with a G3/500 Powerbook.

Cluemeister
    It looks like there are a lot of Treo owners that are alos Mac OS users. Someone should send this poll to Sprint since their PCS "customer service" just told me in no uncertain terms that they "don't service Mac customers." I had a hotsync problem and they basically said because I owned a Mac, I was screwed and maybe Handspring could help. But Handspring customer service tells you to call Sprint.

If it wasn't for answers I found here on the discussion board, I would be scewed.
    WinXP
    Originally posted by TreoTwitch
    It looks like there are a lot of Treo owners that are alos Mac OS users. Someone should send this poll to Sprint since their PCS "customer service" just told me in no uncertain terms that they "don't service Mac customers." I had a hotsync problem and they basically said because I owned a Mac, I was screwed and maybe Handspring could help. But Handspring customer service tells you to call Sprint.

If it wasn't for answers I found here on the discussion board, I would be scewed.
    Don't feel so bad - they tell PC owners the same thing. The Treo 300 support handoff from Handspring to Sprint was handled very poorly by both companies IMHO, but look up above in this thread for suggestions on getting support for the Treo 300, which works for both Mac and PC owners.

Regards,

NateS
    Thanks Nate,
    I love my Treo too! And if it wasn't for TreoCentral, I wouldn't have been able to resolve many technical issues and get answers to simple questions. Sprint and Handspring should be paying TreoCenteral a customer services fee, for all the customer support their useers provide the customers that they leave in the lurch.
    I am another person who uses Mac OSX. Like other mixed platform users, I use Macs because I want to and windows when I am forced to (like at work).

Love the treo. Sprint is a waste of breath though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12