Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I used to think it was wierd that my Treo would turn itself on for a few seconds at 12:05am every night.

today it starting doing that on the half hour, every hour. In or out of the cradle.

Anyone experience this wierdness? I searched the forums and did not find anything.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    It's some third-party software being unfriendly with its internal alarms. What's new on your Treo?

- m
    Mine will turn on automatically if I have Snappermail set to check email. Perhaps you have Snappermail or a similar program running?

Cluemeister
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I have added nothing to my system.

I use snapper but it is not set to grab e-mail automatically.

I did a soft reset and the problem seems to be solved.
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    Originally posted by utey
    I used to think it was wierd that my Treo would turn itself on for a few seconds at 12:05am every night.

today it starting doing that on the half hour, every hour. In or out of the cradle.

Anyone experience this wierdness? I searched the forums and did not find anything.
    Under Dateboo+ preferences (press the menu button/from the Options drop down menu select Preferences) tap on "Display Options". Verify that your "Float Advance at Midnight" radio button is not checked.

If it is, then what Palm OS does is that it wakes up at midnight to advance all the floating events to the next day.

Thats what I think it is, but I may be wrong.
    Mine does it, its random, get used to it. Try to think of it as a quaint trait. Not everyone has a Treo that has a mind of its own!
    alanhamm, Sounds like you have an undocumented feature. LOL
    At least you are not letting it drive you crazy. Regards,Matt Burkhard:shortcut:
    I don't believe for a minute that it's "random". It's some software doing the "wrong" thing - if it's troublesome, you could try removing things one at a time until the problem resolves itself.

- m
    Believe it or not, it is rather random. I think it is triggered by a certain sequence of programs opening and closing, BUT.......this started when this was brand new as a store replacment for one that died 3 days after intial purchase. So this started the auto on thing before I added any 3rd party software, other than BizCon.

I has this one tested (diagnosed) at the local Sprint store and it failed. They sent me a reconditioned one that they could never get connected to the network, other than phone. So I just decided to send in a really nasty letter and learn to live with one that has a mind of it's own. I have one so why shouldn't it?

Two other theories I have heard are 1) searching for an infared signal and 2) waking up to check e-mail.