Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    My data connection has been down for 8 days now. Sprint sent me a refurbished replacement, but are now telling me it's a local problem in Orlando.

Anyone know if I can drive somewhere else and get it through provisioning?
    I'm in the orlando area (UCF area) and have no problems with my data conneciton? BTW, beware the Sprint store at Waterford lakes center! They're absolute idiots and couldn't help me at all when I couldn't provison my Treo when I first got it!

Also, have you made sure you selected "automatic network time" under your general prefs? If your time and date are wrong, the treo won't provision...
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    If your data connection already works, you're ok--don't need to go to provisioning. From what I understand, provisioning is for setting up the data connection, and also needs to be done when you change your PCS vision password (which I did, long story).

Yeah, I've done the time thing already. I spent 3 days with 3 level 2 techs and another with a programmer trying to fix the problem. They all cried uncle, then sent me a new handset, which didn't change anything. Now the people at the Sprint store (yes, Waterford Lakes ) are saying it's an Orlando problem. I'll call Sprint tech support again today and see what they say.
    Yeah, same problem for me. I'm in Kissimmee, and I wasn't able to connect for about a week. I spent hours on the phone with support, and they all told me the same things, and none of it worked. I went to the Sprint store (florida mall area) and they ordered me a refurbished unit. Still didn't work, went back, they tried to troubleshoot it over the phone with tech support. Did the same things I did with tech support over the phone. Interesting though, when the guy troubleshooting my phone was talking with the tech support guy, he mentioned 80% of the customers couldn't connect to the Internet. Why they couldn't piece this together, and figure out it wasn't a problem with my phone, I have no idea. I just sat back and let them do their job. They gave me a NEW phone. Out of the box. No complaining on my part. Told me not to do anything with it for 6 hours, and it should work fine. Six hours later, I try and connect, no luck. So yeah, I'm pretty much fed up at this point. But wait, about an hour ago, I hopelessly try and connect, and to my surprise, "Update Sucessful." I nearly pissed my pants. Now, I'm not really disappointed in Sprint for Provisioning having problems... I'm just disapointed in tech support not knowing anything about it. Let alone the local Sprint store.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Wow!!

Mine just worked too!

You don't realize how much you like using the Treo until you don't have it for a week.

Hooray