1.    #1  
    I'm thinking about buying a Treo 270 from a friend, however he's dropped it and the screen has a line down the center and some messed up stuff on the top of it....is the screen replaceble?

Thanks
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Handspring can replace, however I have never seen any screens for sale separately to replace it yourself. Does your firend have the extended warranty with one-time screen replacement? Can he/she still get it?
  3.    #3  
    I'm not too sure. I've emailed him but no response back yet. Do you know how long Handspring gives till they start charging you for a replacement?
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Well there is the 1 year warranty, then with max 3 months left on the 1st year you can purchase the extended. Not sure whether it's an additional 1 or 2 years. Check the support section at Handspring. They have all the specifics.
  5.    #5  
    One last question, then whats the deal with (some) people being charged 89 dollars for another model?
    Latest moBlog shot:
    I have never come across that. Did someone on this forum post that?
  7.    #7  
    A couple of people said they have....I can't imagine that it's 89 dollars for shipping. They call up a Handspring Rep and they guy or gal says 89 bucks and we'll ship one out to you.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Hmmm, don't know on that one.