Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by NateS

Well,

I made progress with this new account setup on Eudora:

Incoming Server
    pop.sprintpcs.com

Outgoing Server
    smtp.sprintpcs.com

This enables me to send and receive email off both my sprint email account and my standard ISP.

But I am still missing something: What do I have to do to reply to emails rec'd on my Treo but which were addressed to my standard ISP? My replies still get rejected and can't be sent from my Treo.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate
    You have to pay extra to use a smtp server like Fastmail.fm... This unfortunately is the only alternative now since the A-holes at sprint now only allow access to their smtp servers if you use "username@sprintpcs.com" in the from portion of you out-going mai. I have a sneeking suspicion this is some twisted ploy from Sprint to get all to signup for Sprint Biz connect or something. If thats so then they're sorely mistaken b/c all it does is **** off customers to no end! Good job Sprint, NOT!
    Someone set up a poll on here to show how many users hate their new policy. I'm too lazy.. but I will refer them to the poll next time I complain.
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

. . . sprint now only allow access to their smtp servers if you use "username@sprintpcs.com" in the from portion of you out-going mai.. . .
    I may not like it either but I'm trying to be pragmatic. My question at this point is this:

Is there a way for me to set up Eudora to insert "username@sprintpcs.com" on my replies sent from my Treo, to messages taken off my regular ISP's server by my Treo?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Hey Nate,

I use Snappermail, and if I send an email using my sprint acount, I can have people reply to another address.

Under "edit accounts" I choose the account I want to modify, and then click on the "send" tab, and there is a "reply to" field that is optional. If I fill that in, when someone replies to my email, it goes to the email specified in this field.

The email I send from sprint shows the receiver that it's from my sprint account, (for instance, it shows the receiver that user@sprintpcs.com sent the mail) but when the receiver clicks "reply" it automatically replies to the email address that I specified in the "reply to" field.

That may not be the exact question you asked, but I hope it's helpful.

Cluemeister
    Hey Nate again,

It sounds like your problem is that you get an email on your treo that was addressed to a home or work email address, and you reply, and then sprint kicks it back.

In Snappermail, once you read an email, click "reply" and then you will see that the email address in the "from" field is the same as the one that was addressed to you originally. If you click on the word "From", a drop down list will show up with all of your accounts in Snappermail, allowing you to pick the Sprint address. No retyping, fairly straightforward.

Another nice feature in Snappermail is clicking on "To" brings up a list of all the email addresses in your database, so you can pick one instead of typing it in each time.

I hope this is more helpful than my previous post.

Add in attachment capability, and scheduled email retrieval, and I would highly recommend Snappermail.

Cluemeister
    Why is it that the performance of my Earthlink e-mail using Snappermail hasn't changed on my Treo300? I can still send, receive, and reply using my ISP like I always have.
    Last edited by scrinch; 05/28/2003 at 03:40 PM.
    In Snappermail, once you read an email, click "reply" and then you will see that the email address in the "from" field is the same as the one that was addressed to you originally. If you click on the word "From", a drop down list will show up with all of your accounts in Snappermail, allowing you to pick the Sprint address. No retyping, fairly straightforward.
    I use the free version of Eudora, and it does the same. I can tap from and it will let me choose the account I want to send from and I can tap lookup to use the email addys in my phone book.
    However, I can't do attachements or have it check automaticaly.
    Regards, Matt Burkhard

Do you think Sprint did this to free up some traffic on their server?
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    . . . I use the free version of Eudora, and it does the same. I can tap from and it will let me choose the account I want to send from and I can tap lookup to use the email addys in my phone book. . . .
    Regards, Matt Burkhard . . .
    Wow! How did you figure that out? Is there a manual somewhere for Eudora/Palm?

It worked perfectly!

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by Cluemeister
    Hey Nate again,

It sounds like your problem is that you get an email on your treo that was addressed to a home or work email address, and you reply, and then sprint kicks it back.

Another nice feature in Snappermail is clicking on "To" brings up a list of all the email addresses in your database, so you can pick one instead of typing it in each time.

I hope this is more helpful than my previous post.

Add in attachment capability, and scheduled email retrieval, and I would highly recommend Snappermail.

Cluemeister
    And thanks to you Cluemeister for defining my question so well! I'm not ruling out Snappermail for the future, but of course was happy to find out that it works for Eudora too!

Regards,

NateS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12